• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Have spent the afternoon testing the crucifixion character set from Rendo. While Mark's set from ShareCG is probably the best Golgotha environment, the character in this set is the best I've seen so far. I do generally create my own, but I've had many email requests regarding how to go about putting together a character, and for those people, this would provide a way to affordably do it.

In addition to the set that I've tested, there are two others on Rendo now, The Stable for Poser, and the Nativity set for DAZ Studio, at the links below.

Jesus character set for Poser from Rendo

Crucifixion set for Poser from Rendo

The Stable set for Poser from Rendo

Nativity set for DAZ Studio from Rendo

M4-CHRIST-STANDING.jpg

GOLGOTHA.jpg

Charles West

Adventurous
Good Afternoon. Sky a wonderful theme and set of links.

I pulled the trigger today on all the work done on the Emotifolks. Rather than try to set everything up on another site since the powers that be rejected the idea, I am putting it out there to see what kind of download it gets. Have a great day all!

btw notice the new signature

Charles West

Adventurous
Thanks Sky. It was fun and the muse is directing me back to drawing and rendering. Even found another playtoy that seems to work on this computer. Blender ... another learning process and I will master it

skylab

Esteemed
Hi everyone :) Thanks Charles....that's Mark Fowler's set that he made for me for a crucifixion pose project a couple of years ago...I think it was spring of 2016, before I took a break at the end of summer of the same year. He created the Last Supper set for me around the same time. He also made some great instruments that I requested....a guitar and violin, and he also did a cello with chair, and mandolin. I created poses for the instruments, except the cello, which was done by someone else, here. My instrument poses were the following:

DUSK ACOUSTIC BAND

M4 VIOLIN

M4 ACOUSTIC GUITAR

STEVE GUITAR

...and the poses that go with Mark's crucifixion and Last Supper sets:

CRUCIFIXION SCENE POSE SET

CRUCIFIXION SET ADD-ON

APOLLO CRUCIFIXION

M4 LAST SUPPER

M4 LAST SUPPER WITH COMPLETE COLLECTION

APOLLO LAST SUPPER

DUSK LAST SUPPER

Whew...I think that's all of them....there are other music poses in my stuff, but I think this is all that was sized specifically to Mark's instruments.

I've been working for the past couple of days on poses for Raffael...this link includes all the add-ons if anyone is interested while the sale is on. Interesting character, and interesting way to create the wardrobe... two outfits does all, using a variety of mat poses.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
I probably should have posted pictures with the links, to avoid confusion. Here's Mark's Last Supper set, followed by the crucifixion scene. I promised I'd always give him credit whenever mentioning the sets, so I'm being careful to honor that here :) So, this is to give credit to Mark Fowler, aka Hypnagogia :)

I chose to use the bended knee pose in the last image as according to research before I started the project, this was typical for this form of execution, as slack in the legs allowed for pushing up to breathe. Victims died from exhaustion, blood loss, and no longer being able to push up to catch a breath, or the Roman soldiers would rush it along by breaking their legs.

last-supper.jpg

crucifixion.jpg

crucifixion2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Yep...I'm like an old lawn mower...it may take a few pulls to get me started, but once I'm running, I do pretty good...haha. I guess this is my new theme song, The Cat Came Back...haha :)

skylab

Esteemed
Well, here's the five pose dance set for Raffael. I chose this character because of the ease of use and I didn't have to wrestle with clothing...I needed something easy to get started.

RAFFAEL DANCE

dance-pose1.jpg

Terre

Renowned
Good morning. :)
He looks like a nice ordinary character. I hope he does well. A lot of people complain about everyone being supermodels.

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Terre :) That's exactly what I liked about the character...normal build, and slightly shorter than M4. Also he works well for either toon or realistic renders. I expect there will be only a little interest in him for now, but I'm seeing other freebies for Raffael appearing, so perhaps there will be a little support, about like Nursoda characters. After working with him awhile, he has pretty good rigging. If there's a weak spot, it would be under the arms... an indentation can appear when raising the arms in extreme poses, so there has to be some compensation for that when posing, but then every figure has something like that....with M4 it has always been his "bubble" shoulders. Apparently the shoulder region is a challenge to rig.

Here's the next pose set, using Mark Fowler's guitar. I could do these poses fairly quickly by using the old scene files for other characters...saves a lot of time setting up scenes :)

RAFFAEL GUITAR

RAFFAEL-GUITAR.jpg

Charles West

Adventurous
Thanks Sky these are great. It reminds me of an old friend I ran into this week. I am having fun watching the ratio stay pretty steady on views/downloads and the comments. I was totally surprised that it is holding at 33 percent of the viewers have downloaded. I am glad the old characters got such a response. Have a good weekend all!