• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Charles West

Adventurous
I couldn't resist toying with the limited system idea. A flat plane with bump map and transparency map then locating it and adjusting size came to mind so I toyed with a gray letter color and the transparency. I don't know if it would work for you but here is the result from the map.

Attachments

• CHEAT.jpg
    CHEAT.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 208
  • HIVEWIRE.jpg
    HIVEWIRE.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 149

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks for the ideas Charles...I'll keep that in mind. I'm thinking the first step would be to isolate the ring in a separate scene so that I can work with it easily, which I've already successfully done.

Meanwhile...here's the Cowardly Lion :)

THE-COWARDLY-LION.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Terre :) Sometimes I never know if the ideas will work...this one depended upon getting his tail to extend the length necessary for the pose...but with z-scaling each section, it finally made it far enough to dry his tears :) I thought first of doing the scene where he's running like a bat out of torment down the hall, trying to get away from the wizard of Oz, and then finally jumps through a window, but I wasn't sure if he'd be as recognizable to younger people...haha :)

skylab

Esteemed
I was busy searching for jungle and safari themed stuff this morning, when all of a sudden this popped up in my search results (at links below)...imagine my surprise :) Apparently this was released as I was heading into my second surgery last year, which would be why I missed it. In fact, I was thinking along about that time that I would not be able to return to 3D work. I'm a bit speechless, since I had worked so long toward this goal. I guess I'm not done with this particular subject :)

Jesus character on Rendo

Crucifixion Pack

:coding:

Charles West

Adventurous
Good Morning all... Great links Sky. I am still trying to figure out what to do with emo since powers that be turned it down... It may make a super freebie but for now I tend to the wife.
Good day to all.

Terre

Renowned
Good morning.
I have today off instead of having been off Monday because of the frozen reset. It's mostly going well but I did need to have him make some changes. He had moved most of the vegetarian stuff I order from KeHE away from the rest of that type of foods so he needed to move them back together.

skylab

Esteemed
I usually can't get background sets to even load because my system doesn't handle it well without stalling or crashing Poser, but I happened to find a set yesterday on 40% off that actually works well. I did these two renders with no special planning or lighting, just popped in one light and hit render. The first snow scene was done with Superfly...which is again amazing...it took awhile, but it worked. The second autumn scene is a simple Firefly render. The set includes all seasons, as well as options for custom placement of elements. It's quite pricey, but I happened to catch it on a one day only 40% off. The forest set is the base, and the seasons are add-on texture sets. Just sharing the info in case anyone else out there has problems loading background sets.

snow forest.jpg

autumn forest.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
What began as a logo has morphed into an animated render, featuring bees, African lilies, and umbrella acacia trees. Having a black background was the compromise that enabled this 27 frame colorful animation. I might try zooming the scene back a little in order to not crop the trees, just to see if the animation size will still remain within the limits of being under 1 meg.

LION-ACACIA.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Here's the final kitty cat...at least I think I'm done :) I certainly needed the brush up on animation and video skills.

LION--SAFARI.jpg

LION--SAFARI.gif