• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre ... doing a little playing again today :)

I was in the mood to experiment with the possibility of recreating a famous lion logo in Poser...and I realize I can't complete the project because of copyright, but I just wanted to know if it could be done. Using the already created roar animation, I selected all the body parts and made them invisible, darkened the render background, and then in Poser 11 props there's an option for primitives...I selected the torus, and reduced the z-width so it wouldn't look so much like a big inner tube. After applying a material, the torus supplied the circle around the lion's head :)

lion- roar-logo.gif

skylab

Esteemed
When I first imported Ornament 2 into Carrara, the objects were inseparable, but I tried them in Hexagon and could save them separately...and now here's the individual ornament in Carrara, so there's hope that it may work :)

orn2-02.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Miss B :) I'll have to spend some time thinking about what to do with the sides of the circle. I'll search around for possible ornaments. Too bad Poser doesn't have a "follow a path" feature for 3D lettering....something like HIVEWIRE on the left, and BIG CATS on the right. This would be fairly easy to accomplish in post work on a still render, but not so easy on a 24 frame animation. So, I'll ponder it some more. Of course, solutions usually come when I'm trying to sleep...haha :)

Charles West

Adventurous
Sky is this something that might help. Left one is very low poly and double poly on right one... Give me an idea of what you would like. It would make an interesting project in hexagon

Attachments

• H.jpg
    H.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 161

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks for offering Charles. I already have a 3D alphabet somewhere. The challenge would be trying to place the letters accurately around a circle with my limited system resources....the type of thing almost sure to run my blood pressure up...so I'm just pondering a short cut work around for this. :)

By the way, my internet connection is going in and out this afternoon....more out than in actually, so I may take a break today rather than keep trying to "push" through :)

Charles West

Adventurous
one possible solution a bit strange but would work if the arrow keys move the letters find center point and stack the letters vertical select all and move to where top and bottom letter line up to about the right location.... drop off top and bottom letter from the selection increment all over except the ones dropped until those 2 are in about the right place and repeat the top and bottom drop from selection ....... repeat until you drop off last letters... that should get you close.
I have use that in photoshop on some work that I have done.

skylab

Esteemed
To give you an idea of how pressed my system resources are...when trying to load the DAZ bee, which is an older model with low rez textures, my computer had a stop stare seizure....haha. So to get around it, I created a separate document with the bee, removed the textures and replaced with the simple copper material, then imported the bee into the lion animation and crossed my fingers....it worked! Then I just duplicated that bee in order to place a total of three in the animation...and when I say place, I mean creeping along, bumping a step at a time :/ It will tolerate that type of work to a point, but is totally lacking grace when it comes to smoothly moving things around the screen in any quantity. So, when I say that I'm pondering it....it means I'm pondering how to get it to work on my slow computer, without pulling my hair out...haha :)