• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
and it is a poser program... I am trying to do this in Studio
Understood, but as I said, it's the only one I'm aware of. I don't recall ever hearing of a DS plugin that would do that, and I used DS from version 2 through 3 Advanced and 4.0 Pro. Of course, it's been quite a few years since newer versions of DS have come out that I'm not familiar with, so someone somewhere might have what you're looking for.

Have you tried searching for it? It may very well be somewhere on a small, not often visited site.

Charles West

Adventurous
Understood, but as I said, it's the only one I'm aware of. I don't recall ever hearing of a DS plugin that would do that, and I used DS from version 2 through 3 Advanced and 4.0 Pro. Of course, it's been quite a few years since newer versions of DS have come out that I'm not familiar with, so someone somewhere might have what you're looking for.

Have you tried searching for it? It may very well be somewhere on a small, not often visited site.
I have searched multiple sites as well as 3 search engines. Spent time at mCasual checking through all of the scripts ... messages to old friends... I found the pp2 script and figured how to edit the pp2 so it parents an item. I have a lengthy possible solution to the problem but not so much fun editing one of my old pz2 files for all different maps and settings. Still working on maps so have time yet and have begun a Pozer zip with the layout to fit.

Charles West

Adventurous
At least you're making progress.
The final resort will be to find someone to pair up with that has poser and send the zip so that they can be created and added to the zip files. Too much other stuff to do to get to that point. Longer choice ... take an older pz2 file I have from sportspack and hand edit it to create new ones that call up the new maps and colors... as I said ... lengthy. update... found another pz2 exporter but does not do any more than poser format extractor. drats. oh well after supper back to the graphics... Going to stay inside as the weather is heading to triple digits by the weekend

Terre

Renowned
I'm sure you will find somebody here to take care of the Poser stuff. This place is serious about supporting both programs when possible.

Charles West

Adventurous
I guess I can type up the settings and send a zip with the maps in it with instructions and images for someone... Well neighbor calling... have to go help. Then supper and a trip to store. This evening is going to be busy .. maybe the Muse will leave me alone so I can get rl taken care of.

Charles West

Adventurous
Too hot to get out today or as hippie dippie the weatherman would say TDH. Got some editing done and finally found the link that gave me a starting point. Have been toying with layout for poser version and even found the way to get an icon marker making Emo look even better .... a peek of what he now looks like on my machine.

Attachments

• successes-1.jpg
    successes-1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 180

Charles West

Adventurous
toying again... nice day and cooler evening than it has been. created a train prop ... no moving parts just created it as a prop and edited to parent to emotiguy head ... noting fancy and created tracks to load and z expand it to work in scene. Loads of fun. pp2 extractor working well with some edits.

Attachments

• emotitrain.jpg
    emotitrain.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 192

Charles West

Adventurous
They are ... Since I have the plug-ins/scripts needed I am back to playing with the morphs. I just completed a emotigirl.cr2 that has the 4 suits. I am not pleased enough with them enough to include in the packages of 2o18 guy and gal but think it will make a great freebie for people to play with and get my name reknown. It will say poser and no additional items just the cr2 files of emo and emogirl no color setting etc I feel if it is free this limitation is ok. I will use it as a practice of setting up a .zip file for poser that would add to the daz directory and require that you have emotiguy. I will let you know when it is complete... I might add color setting files if time allows. So much rl interference coming up... a neighbor is getting her ankle fused to help her get around... 3 to 4 mos recovery time and I will be 'on call' for her. Deb is doing well so it should not be a problem. Looking back at my life there are so many times I took on caregiver role. Never realized it was something to do for a living, I worked jobs that suited me or at least I could tolerate all of my life. If I had gone to the caregiver role earlier in life, I might not have time to do what I am doing now. So I feel most of my life choices have been good. This project with emo is something I enjoy and keeps my mind active learning more each idea in the project. oh I ramble at times!
Have a great day and I will post more at time allows.

Charles West

Adventurous
I agree... and had fun along the way... 2 associate degrees ... different certifications depending on job I had... plastic pipe welding, at&t alarm certification, patient care tech, etc even took some publishing classes. I have enjoyed every choice of education and now trying to teach myself enough to first project set the emo stuff.. next on who knows build a character from start to finish after doing a few props... we will see.

Terre

Renowned
Good morning. :)
Learning new stuff is good and often interesting. I'm slowly getting used to the new program at work. Overall much more powerful and flexible than all three of it's predecessors. It can do almost everything that all of them could and more than any single one was capable of.
Vacation next week if all goes right. I'll know by Friday whether or not I need to shift it back by a week or two.

Charles West

Adventurous
emotiguyplus now if that works it should show emotiguy plus. add the 2 files to a poser directory of the original emotiguy and you should show emotiguy and emotiguyplus when you look try it out and see if you have the puck,triangle,cube, and square morph

Charles West

Adventurous
Good morning. :)
Sorry I can't test that for you. Hopefully someone who can will do so and comment.
no problem.. everyone in this chat has been so much help and backup that I offered it here first. I have a starting zip of the emotiguy2018 idea and have cleaned up the files. I need to work on a few things I found in jpg's and create some more before it is finished. I thank everyone for their support.