• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
Good morning. :)
Dreams were probably OK. Only remember one and that one was was at work. Not stressful, I was just there. No real surprise as tomorrow morning will be VERY busy for me. Since last week's sale was the Memorial Day one the company extended that sale through today instead of letting it end Saturday night while the new sale started right on schedule. As a result I need to pull the old signs tomorrow morning instead of having done so yesterday morning. The paper signs with pictures will be easy to tell apart. They have different names for the sale at the top of the paper. The blue ones that have UPCs instead of pictures will take time as I'll need to check the ending date that is printed on the tags to make sure I am pulling the right ones. The big green signs I print for displays are another set where I'll need to look at the ending date. This is on top of my normal Tuesday stuff and I'll also have a large specialty order coming in with several new items I'll need to get in the system. Sadly for the person wanting mugwort tea even the people at the distributor couldn't find anything they carried. All they found is the Buddha brand I had already seen and they don't carry it. I wish the person getting that request had gotten customer contact info for me so I could call and let them know what's going on.

Charles West

Adventurous
Oh joy extended sales. Well looking at my pfe editor I found it cannot create a pp2 file. Now if I could just remember how I created them for the old emo sportspack... Some of the morphs require toppers to be complete. It wont be a true poser compatible unless I can find a way to create the pp2 files

Attachments

• Condiments.jpg
    Condiments.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 136

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's been a while since I've done it, but I believe if you save them to your Props Library from within Poser, that will automatically create PP2 files, which can then be "edited" with the PFE. Again, I haven't done this for a while, and certainly not with PP11, but I believe that's how it's done.

Charles West

Adventurous
I do not have poser and am trying to create all with Daz Studio. In former versions it would still create the file. I seem to recall it used to be possible but do not know if the last 4.9 doesn't seem to have a way. I have created other stuff with the PFE for Studio but the props are my holdup. I have created the duf file that places the topper on emotiguy. I have located the other props from other packages and Emo was not converted to the new set of files so all are poser ready pp2. I seem to recall there was a trick on an older version that allowed you to create a pp2 from studio after creating the prop in hexagon and placing it on emo but cannot find any references to creating a pp2 from Studio.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhhh, OK. I would assume with the newer versions of DS they stopped accommodating any Poser file types, so that's why there isn't anyway to do it from within DS.

The PFE is an "editor", which is what I use it for, especially if I move something, and need to update the path to the appropriate file(s) from within the CR2, PP2, or MC6/PZ2 files. All the years, and versions, I used DS, I never created a Poser type file, like a PP2, from within DS.

Charles West

Adventurous
I think I have found the name of the super characters and goal right now is to make it DS compatable for now. Here is a sneak peek of the many morphs. Not all are finished and you have seen many of the others that will be added. All are going to work for guy and girl. oh the names Emotiguy2018 and Emotigirl2018. Both will require that you own the original guy and girl to work and I will probably go prop crazy having figured out how to set up the directory for DS. and of course to sign the work is the dial names. cw_morph. More maps to make and I feel the Muse has fed me so much that I will be more than 1 package. Permissions will be looked into and with a bit of luck I will finish by the end of June. Please keep fingers crossed. oh and the Muse is already hitting me with prop ideas for other characters and that should keep me busy for the summer.

Attachments

• Emotiguy2018_1.jpg
    Emotiguy2018_1.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 156

Charles West

Adventurous
MissB I found it... of course it is a McCasual PP2Export. With a minor edit to the pp2 file setting the parent I have a working pp2 file that sets the topper. Now with the other exporter I have a poser version of the morphing monster with props and color changes and maps and all is possible. All should require that you need the original to work. I feel elated and even Emotiguy2018 gives it the thumbs up.

Attachments

• topperworks.jpg
    topperworks.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 135

Charles West

Adventurous
Oh right, he's done a lot of stuff for use with DS. I have an oldie, but goodie, he did for DS and Blender users. He does good work.
He has and the Poser Format Exporter does not export maps and color settings so my search is now for a better pz2 exporter for studio. I know older versions let me save them but the new version only allows duf. I may have to look at some other scripts. It seems that PFE creates a pz2 that is actually a pose and will adjust to the morphs I have created but all I need for the 'old'/poser version that set materials/colors ... any ideas?

Miss B

CV-BEE
The only one I know of is Netherworks' MATWriter Panel 2014, as it creates mc6, pz2 AND dsa files, depending on which you prefer, but it's not free, and not cheap. It's the only thing I've ever used.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I agree with the general lack of customer service these days, thing that surprises me the most is the stores then complain they are losing business to the Internet. Why would anyone shop in the high street if all that happens is they are ignored or treated with contempt.

I think part of the problem with stores is they don't have enough staff. My Mam is always complaining when we go to the local Penneys or Dunnes stores because it's so hard to find staff when she needs help with something. She says that years ago there were loads of staff compared to now, it seems that some stores cut back on staff numbers. I'm not surprised that customers sometimes get the hump and just walk out without buying anything.

Terre

Renowned
That is part of the problem. Many stores are running on skeleton crews. This does make good customer service harder even when you have employees who try. It's a loop that is hard to break but if a store want's to succeed it is something they need to do.

Terre

Renowned
There are a number of people here who use both programs. Someone must have an idea that will work. Start a thread asking about it perhaps?

Hornet3d

Wise
I think part of the problem with stores is they don't have enough staff. My Mam is always complaining when we go to the local Penneys or Dunnes stores because it's so hard to find staff when she needs help with something. She says that years ago there were loads of staff compared to now, it seems that some stores cut back on staff numbers. I'm not surprised that customers sometimes get the hump and just walk out without buying anything.

That and the resulting low moral it causes. At a recent visit to the local garden centre my wife asked a member of staff if they had a particular plant in stock. She said "we did have but we have sold out", while I heard effectively 'can't really be bothered to find out'. Sure enough, ten or so minutes later we found plenty of examples of the plant the was out of stock.