• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
A good way to start is through animated poses...and I hope to begin making them this year....already have the process down, just pondering some good beginner projects that wouldn't be overwhelming to new users. I do things like loops....best place to start, so you won't pull your hair out.

FLUFFY WALK.gif

skylab

Esteemed
I saw that, Terre, on ShareCG...like a digital read, and thought it was good that he was creating again.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, all those looping animations you see around this thread, and all the crazy Nursoda stuff I used to do...all that was animated by hand...none of that "let Poser animate it for you" stuff...because I like mine finely tuned, timed with slight hesitations, like the real thing...takes time. It forces me to imagine what movements it takes to do things, and in my mind I can be "active" again...like when Slon was swinging, I had to remember what it was like as a child, swinging in a swing...when to push, when to delay, how the neck and head movement is involved, and kicking of the legs.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The prop was a little black box with led numbers with the lights to make the numbers being the swappable things..
So the sides with the numbers were animated to be interchangeable. Interesting.

skylab

Esteemed
In kitty reclining, there's alternate kneading with the paws, he's doing sleepy eyes, and the tail is swishing with a slight hesitation, the way a cat really does.
TINY-KITTY-RECLINING-v2-18f-550x302.gif

skylab

Esteemed
This was a simple animation with RDNA Gibert Goldfish. I wish somebody would do a really detailed goldfish, 3D Universe...or somebody out there...he should be designed so that his fins are near his face, for more expression possibilities....or maybe someday it will be a first character project for me, who knows.

gilbert-goldfish.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Well, time for me to go offline...I have some phone calls to return, and need to check on my ever indexing workstation. I'm not sure it will ever get the chance to complete the task...I had to stop the process in order to reboot and dismount an external drive that has a stubborn habit of not wanting to dismount any other way...and when I started Poser back up, it started indexing all over instead of picking up where it left off. So, I may not ever get to use that search feature, though it seems really nice. I just don't know how long the workstation can just be idle. Anyway, have a good evening all...good night for now :)

Terre

Renowned
I was thinking about the walking table and realized that if Jim wanted one he probably wouldn't use geom swapping. He'd most likely save a copy of the OBJ under another name and then turn that one into a rigged figure with poseable legs.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, Poser Pro 11 is finally done indexing, and I think I'm finally done with my post-blizzard hibernating, so I'm loading up the workstation with a ga-zillion old western pose projects from back in 2013...and discovered some that were never released...not sure what happened there, but anyway, it'll be yippy-ki-yay for awhile. I'm going to try to closely duplicate the poses originally created for the Mil Horse to use with HH, so that the rider poses hopefully will work with minimal adjustment. These were originally created while I was working with Suro, and I think the pause in the project had to do with the forum we were using at the time getting wiped out. You'd think we'd be use to this by now...since Hivewire wipe out made forum number three for me....haha. Of course I was tempted to think the worst when I went on RDNA very early this morning and noticed that somebody had spammed three pages of junk in the Community Showcase...but RDNA was apparently on top of it, it was gone in about an hour. Just goes with the territory these days.

Anyway, I'll be hanging online tonight while I begin the HH western and rodeo pose work. I also found my Native American and Amish Buggy scene files, so we'll see what can be accomplished.

skylab

Esteemed
I don't know really, since I had to reboot the computer and interrupt the process....but it appeared to be completed by early this morning, so it didn't take an awful amount of time. I did my laptop today, and it appears to be finishing up, but the runtime amount is not nearly as populated. I would take a wild guess that it took about 24 hours total time, perhaps less, for my workstation to complete, since I didn't restart the indexing process until late last night.

skylab

Esteemed
It would have been difficult if I only had one workstation. Having the functioning search feature now is cool.

Harry is coming along, doing the "whoa" pose first, which is sorta a sliding stop like in rodeo or westerns. Thought I'd do the most difficult one first. Next up is getting Dusk dressed and in the scene, and placement of the reins.

HH-WHOA.jpg