• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Folks did a lot of complaining about the content library...not sure what was happening, I wasn't aware if I was experiencing it....anyway, I guess now they're getting the fix they wanted.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, Paul's excited...I finally found some new eyes for him :)
Well, actually he borrowed Pauline's :sneaky:

PAUL - NEW EYES.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Same with Dawn, her eyes work well with Dusk. Just go into materials, select the eye, sclera, cornea, etc. and zap in the new and improved textures.

Terre

Renowned
Lots of content is the problem. Jim has a production schedule he tries to keep himself to and having his computer locked up for more than two days is not acceptable.

skylab

Esteemed
I think go ahead and update my main workstation here in the kitchen, and just retreat to the bedside workstation if I decide to work on anything tonight....I always have a backup workstation since the Malwarebytes crash....learned a painful lesson.

Terre

Renowned
Suro says that she's developing a new, labor-intensive course for this semester and she hasn't been able to properly finish a single Western render in ages. And she's of course hoping to get back to it, but...

skylab

Esteemed
Yep, she has to set her priorities....she got busy with school work last I was in contact with her. If she ever returns to western renders, she'll always be welcome :)

skylab

Esteemed
Well I was expecting the worst as far as update time, but I just applied the Poser Pro 11 update 11.2.31562, and the program opened immediately with no hestitation. So I had literally zero indexing time. I'll try rebooting to see if it impacts the update.

EDIT TO ADD: Rebooted, and program still opens normally. No indexing wait time at all.

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well I was expecting the worst as far as update time, but I just applied the Poser Pro 11 update 11.2.31562, and the program opened immediately with no hestitation. So I had literally zero indexing time. I'll try rebooting to see if it impacts the update.
Are you sure the indexing was done? In the right corner just over the Library, on the same line as the Library, Search and Favorites tabs, would be a thick circle icon, and if you hover it, it says indexing.

When I tried clicking on the icons for the individual libraries, only the character and pose icons appeared with the gold color background. The others disappeared, which led me to believe those still needed to be indexed.

skylab

Esteemed
I clicked on Search and it's populating by category....I had not tried that feature, but that's very nice, to be able to see the icons so large. Now I can see where that might take awhile to fully populate, but it would give an overview of everything in all the runtimes...nice :)

skylab

Esteemed
I clicked on the little black magnifying glass next to the Search box....at first it looked like a circle, but it ended up being a magnifying glass...it took me to the contents under the Search tab. I'll leave the program up overnight, to see if it will complete the search.

Thanks Miss B :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
YES!!! That's the circle icon I was referring to. OK, should be interesting to see how long it takes to index. As I said, mine didn't take long at all because I don't have everything installed on this laptop.