• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I used to tell folks it was good genes, as my mom didn't have a wrinkle on her face until she was in her 80s. ;)

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Maja....haha :) Good to see you back in this thread regularly too. You sure do nice work, and you've certainly been on a roll recently. I can remember getting on those creative waves...and it feels good, like being on a motorcycle with the wind in your hair :)

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah Miss B...no wrinkles that can be seen...but we won't talk about sags...at least they aren't seen either....haha.

Terre

Renowned
Good morning. :)

Sky, I see what you mean about your color. You do look good there. I'm another one who people think is younger. Class mates and former teachers and such of a lady who went to school in this town keep mistaking me for her and I'm around 14 years older than she. I think the fact that my hair is going grey is the only reason people don't mistake me for being around 40 now. At least if they do they haven't said anything.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre....yeah, always had the baby face, as it's called :)

Just a reminder, Poser 11.1 is available for download today in your Smith Micro download manager.

skylab

Esteemed
Here's a quick Firefly render of Paul 2 with the four variations. Installation of Poser 11.1 does not change the original Paul, but adds a Paul 2 folder. During installation I got a couple of minor errors that looked like they could have been clothing texture files for Pauline...I just chose skip and continued with the installation. Am mentioning here in case it comes up for anyone else during installation. Skipping the files didn't prevent upgrade or availability of main content.

paul.jpg

Maja

Eager
Argh.... Actually I would appreciate if SM would increase their maximum speed for user downloads at last. Approximate 400 kb/s is pale today.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh yes, I remember finally being able to download the last update around 1:00am in the morning my time. During the day was stupidly slow.

skylab

Esteemed
I noticed the downloads were slow as well. I just started the download and started cooking and doing dishes while it took its sweet time :) I guess there was a lot of traffic on the server since everyone knew the day the update would be available. Glad the upgrade went successfully Maja. I thought of you when I first heard about there being an upgrade to Paul and Pauline, since you've created some great content for them...this will give you an opportunity to test it out.

Maja

Eager
I noticed the downloads were slow as well. I just started the download and started cooking and doing dishes while it took its sweet time :)

That somehow reminds me of ancient times when we were using the C64. The time a few KB large program needed to start was enough for shopping and food cooking. :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
:rofl: Oh did that bring back memories. I was in mixed chorus all through high school, and we sang it during the Christmas Concert every year. I think it was the only yearly performance we always outdid ourselves.