• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
Sounds like a great time for some folks to upgrade. Does this mean Poser 12 is close to release? They seem to offer big sales like this just before a new release.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That they do Terre, but I'm wondering if this 11.1 upgrade will be it for now, and we'll get 12 early next year.

Of course, I have no idea what SM's plans are, I'm just thinking out loud, but why come out with 11.1 if 12 is close behind. Seems to me they would just release the updates to Paul and Pauline now, if that were the case.

skylab

Esteemed
Here are the comments from the upgrade page under the 1.1 info tab:

In addition to the many improvements made, here’s some brand new features making their way into Poser 11.1:

NEW! 3D Animation Path
Now you can create and manipulate a 3D path on the project scene and have an object travel that path while animating it at the same time.

NEW! Keyframe Identification and Categorization on the Animation Palette
Group keyframes by categories and/or themes and easily identify the existing keyframes within each group. Additionally, the Animation Palette now shows the number of keyframes that a group contains at any given frame and also allows for management and assigning of categories to keyframes

NEW! Paul v2 and Pauline v2
New versions of the Poser 11 figures Paul and Pauline that include a number of enhancements and improvements as well as new photo realistic textures and variations.

Maja

Eager
Hello everybody, I just drop in to say I'm still there and busy. There is some new stuff in my Gallary at ShareCG.

Right now I'm working on Cycles materials for Paunline. Critics, suggestions are wellcome.

About P12? If we live on, we'll see. ;)

Origin.PNG SF.PNG Pauline-FF-small.png Pauline-SF-small.png

skylab

Esteemed
Hi Maja...good to see you again. I've seen where you've been on a creative roll lately....you've made some good stuff, as usual. Hope all is going well for you....I'm hanging in there :)

Maja

Eager
I received an email today indicating that Poser 11.1 upgrade will be released on Monday, December 18.

I'm ready to let it in. Pleasing to see how active Smith Micro is working on Poser. There already have been several updates this year. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I received that email today as well. Should be interesting to see what else is new/fixed besides the new versions of Paul and Pauline.

skylab

Esteemed
I'm pleased to see that they are working on upgrades for Poser 11 and not rushing to into version 12. I think it's a wise decision in the long run, and could allow for bigger and better things when the times comes to release 12, whenever that is. I've not seen any mention of it so far. This is a great opportunity for folks who are still using old versions of Poser to catch up to 11.1 Pro with a minimal investment...sounds very generous to me :)

I haven't forgotten about some poses for Holke....I've been working on a few at a time...but holiday preparation has me jumping hoops. I will get them done, even if it's after the holidays when things settle down. I have to get back in the swing of things. After recovering from two surgeries this year, plus numerous trips to the hospital for tests and follow-up, I have to get my 3D chops back....in fact, my chops for everything were just not there. I'm regaining strength a little at a time, plus regaining the ability to concentrate for long hours. Medication side effects can wipe that right out. When Maja completed the high priest outfit last year I knew I was nearly done for awhile.....and sure enough, a month later I was in the hospital, and that continued for months afterward. That's why I was rather low under the radar for quite awhile. So far the doc says I'm doing very well...so I'm inching my way back toward my workstation. I'll have to refresh my memory about some things, other things will come rather easily. I was delighted to see that Nursoda had released a new character...what better way to celebrate a fresh start :)

Maja

Eager
Hi skylab, it's good to read that you're better again. I had a serious motorcycle accident years ago. Several surgeries, physiotherapy, etc. It had lasted for half a year alone, until I could bend my knee again so far that I could walk again reasonably. To this day, I can't go squat and no longer run. Sometimes I still wish my old life back. I can feel what drives you and wish you a lot of strength and success. :inlove:

Terre

Renowned
Glad to hear things are finally getting better, Sky. I've been worried about you and I'm sure several others have been too.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey everybody....thanks Maja and Terre :) I used to ride motorcycles back in the day...haha....I guess it was the late '80's when I rode the last time. I'm sorry you've had lasting symptoms from your accident. And yes, sometimes one does wish for the old youthful strength back...but in my case, I do have to be realistic. However, considering all the different health issues I've been through, I'm doing pretty good. And Terre, you always have had a sense of when I was perhaps not doing all that well. But I'll show you the proof that I'm doing better...folks say I'm looking younger these days...my coloring is getting back to normal, instead of pasty gray, and I've grown my hair out long again like when I was young...so here we go, proof that skylab is doing quite well these days, for an "old lady"...haha :)

sky.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Haha....a friend I've known since I was a kid (so that means they are my age) asked me why I didn't look my age...haha. I said "I don't know, beats the heck out of me", but again, considering what I've been through this year, I'm grateful that the pain and sickness has been lifted. It's time for some joy to return :) All glory to God for my awesome recovery! I'm still careful about pacing myself...so I will return to 3D very slowly and carefully...and keep the hours working shorter of course. I always enjoy new software releases and new Nursoda characters, so those two things combined will give me something on which to focus :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I was never taken for my age either, so I know how good that feels when folks don't believe you when they find out how old you are.

Glad to hear you're health is improving. Keeping your health in good working order is the main thing, and it will be good to see you working in 3D again. ;)