• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Here are some quick renders of Nursoda's Holke character. There appears to be much more control over the facial features than even his characters in the past, especially the mouth. For elf fans, his ears do have a pointed option. Cool character :)

HOLKE.jpg

HOLKE AND ANDY2.jpg
HOLKE2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Terre :) I was hoping you'd see this announcement about Nursoda...and if you encounter any of the folks from the old group that you'd pass along the news. Nursoda character releases were always a time of celebration for his fans. The only pressing need for Holke seems to be a pair of shoes, unless I missed their location during quick review last night.

LAST NIGHT'S POST:
Hey Nursoda fans...he's back on Rendo with a new character named Holke, on sale for $8 until November 16. Includes character, glasses, hat, shirt, pants, shorts and socks, 82 poses, 12 hand poses, and 37 expressions. I guess this means I'll have to come out of 3D retirement at least long enough to show support for his return :)

skylab

Esteemed
Apparently Nursoda had this in his free stuff on Rendo, but I don't recall seeing it before. Anyway...here's Frank's free Blowball.

Also, there's a free Business Set for Dawn for DS4 by Karth...and a nice looking oil lamp .obj on Rendo.

The MMA Stairs and the 3D Arrow and WhateverThing and Fog as a Scalable Cube might make interesting pose props :)

For music lovers, Speakers and Amps and Stage Speaker and Storage Box. Also a Fantasy Harp for Poser and Fantasy Harp for DS4.

Cheshire for Hivewire House Cat and Round Glasses for the Mil Cat and Cat Motions for DS4 aniMate2
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/hero-paul-2-0-for-poser-11-paul/77868&ca
Hero Paul 2.0 for Poser 11 Paul

Dwarvez: Base Figure with Clothing by Sixus 1

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre...it had been awhile since I'd surfed through Rendo's free stuff, so thus the "batch" :) About the only thing that didn't work so well as a prop was the MMA Stairs, since there was no option to move it around easily...and the Mil Cat glasses are for DS4 only...which is unfortunate since they would have been quite cute on the Hivewire Cat. Nursoda's Holke is loaded up on my workstation and am pondering possible props and poses. By the way, several have expressed their enthusiasm over Frank's release of a new character on his Rendo review page.

skylab

Esteemed
Hi tiggersprings :) Yes, it is nice to see the new Nursoda release.

Hey Miss B :) ...for some reason I thought you might like the fantasy harp...so I guessed right :)

skylab

Esteemed
It's been awhile since I've passed through...things have been so busy in preparation for the holidays. Terre, I can see you've been busy with preparations too.

Thought I'd post this link to the Poser upgrade page. You can upgrade to Poser Pro 11 from any version of Poser since version 6 for $49.95...which is a huge savings if you've not yet been eligible for the Pro upgrade. Again, it applies to Poser Debut, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11, and of course the Pro versions also. Poser 11 will have a major upgrade this month, moving up to Poser 11.1 which will include new versions of Paul and Pauline with realistic skin, and some improvements in animation tools. So the $49.95 upgrade is encouraged in preparation for the upgrade release of Poser 11.1 later this month.
Check out info on this Smith Micro Poser upgrade page. :wow:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Sky, good to see you. I got the email about this Poser upgrade, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they've done with Paul and Pauline, as I always thought they rushed getting them ready for public consumption.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't do any animation, other than dynamic clothing in the Cloth Room, so don't have a clue about what changes to the animation tools will be made. Animation is very popular with many folks, so I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't significant.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I don't mean you have to relearn how to use them, but perhaps new tools in addition to the ones already available. I'm just not up on the animation tools at all, so can't say for sure.