• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Maja

Eager
I hope all of you and your loved ones had a merry Christmas and peaceful Holidays.

These days I recgonized that Superfly renders a bit faster in CPU mode after the update. Can anyone confirm that on his or her system?

skylab

Esteemed
Tried out the Hivewire dog - black lab today...very nice :)

black-lab1.jpg

black-lab2.jpg

Maja

Eager
Nice to see you back on stage, Sky. :)

Currently I'm playing around with Project Human, an open source figure that comes with Poser 11, as well.

By the way, now its official. My husband and me will lose our jobs in this year after we have been working for that company for almost 40 years. Some fingers crossed may be helful for the search for somewhat suitable replacement in our mid-fifties.

HumanProjectFemale-SF.PNG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sorry to hear about the employment issues. I worked at the same place for 40 years, and I could see it going down hill over the last 5 years I worked there, so I took early retirement before they could force me to take retirement.

As Terre said, with that much experience, the two of you shouldn't have problems finding new employment.

Maja

Eager
Thanks for your kind words and good wishes. We are way too young or too healthy for early retirement and actually also too old to restart. Unfortunately all experience, knowledge or abilities do not count much in Germany if you are over 50 years old and have no completed professional training. However, sure we will find new jobs sooner or later, but most likely shiftwork with significant lower income. The other more important point to me is, we probably will not both find jobs at the same place again. Thus our whole life will change dramatically. Less time together, probably even no more holiday together. That’s what pulls me down at the moment. Oh my goodness, to moan really is not me. I must pull myself together not to tumble into a depression. Thanks a lot for listening.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks for your kind words and good wishes. We are way too young or too healthy for early retirement and actually also too old to restart. Unfortunately all experience, knowledge or abilities do not count much in Germany if you are over 50 years old and have no completed professional training. However, sure we will find new jobs sooner or later, but most likely shiftwork with significant lower income. The other more important point to me is, we probably will not both find jobs at the same place again. Thus our whole life will change dramatically. Less time together, probably even no more holiday together. That’s what pulls me down at the moment. Oh my goodness, to moan really is not me. I must pull myself together not to tumble into a depression. Thanks a lot for listening.

You really do have my sympathy as I have journey that started in a similar way. At 53 I was made redundant after 35 years in the same industry, although across 3 different companies, true I had a private pension I could take early, or at least for the age of 55. Despite that, being out of work when you have been fully employed for 35 years comes as a hugh shock. The prospect of finding work for the over fifties in the UK sounds very similar to your description of that in Germany. I did however find employment quite quickly although at a very reduced income but over the seven years I was made redundant a further three times and worked for seven companies. I finally gave up looking just over 4 years ago and as I receive my state pension just over 4 months I guess my working days are over.

It is different for everyone but once you get through the shock you can come out the other side. On the lower income I soon found I could live quite well on a lot less and there was little I missed. My already strong relationship with my wife got stronger. We actually spent more time together and the absence of stress, the downside of a high paid job, our time together was more enjoyable. I would wish you the best but I think it is better to wish you as much luck as I have had for looking back now I can see losing my job gave me the opportunity to discover a different but much happier life.

I will have my fingers crossed for the both of you.