• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre and Miss B :) And I agree with Hornet, getting out of the fast lane and slowing down some was the best thing that could have happened to me, so I've come to really appreciate retirement. But it was indeed a lifestyle shock for awhile...things like waking suddenly and thinking that I'd overslept for work...that was an issue for me for quite awhile...I had worked every day for 38 years, so I was stuck in a knee-jerk reaction to the sudden lifestyle change. It took about six months to a year before I finally adjusted to it being okay to not be consumed with a stressful job. It took awhile to fully make the turn...I did a lot of 3D pose projects as a way of having something resembling deadlines and goal-setting, just to consume some of the overflow of enormous energy...circling the airport until I could finally come in for a landing...haha. It was best for my health to go ahead and fully embrace retirement. I hope you find what's right for you Maja...for your health, age and financial needs. I have noticed that you are a very motivated person, so I'm sure you will make it successfully through whatever you decide to do. Hang in there and, as in all things, go with God :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Glad to hear you're finally settled in with retirement Sky. I worked at the same firm for 40 years, but had also worked at another firm while I was in college, so after 43 years of working, and keeping schedules, I was so happy to NOT have to get up early, I made sure I slept late every day . . . well latter than I usually got up to go to work. ;)

I just celebrated my 14th year of retirement on the 5th, so it's gotten to the point I happily don't remember what it was like to keep those schedules anymore. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Hey Terre and Miss B :) And I agree with Hornet, getting out of the fast lane and slowing down some was the best thing that could have happened to me, so I've come to really appreciate retirement. But it was indeed a lifestyle shock for awhile...things like waking suddenly and thinking that I'd overslept for work...that was an issue for me for quite awhile...I had worked every day for 38 years, so I was stuck in a knee-jerk reaction to the sudden lifestyle change. It took about six months to a year before I finally adjusted to it being okay to not be consumed with a stressful job. It took awhile to fully make the turn...I did a lot of 3D pose projects as a way of having something resembling deadlines and goal-setting, just to consume some of the overflow of enormous energy...circling the airport until I could finally come in for a landing...haha. It was best for my health to go ahead and fully embrace retirement. I hope you find what's right for you Maja...for your health, age and financial needs. I have noticed that you are a very motivated person, so I'm sure you will make it successfully through whatever you decide to do. Hang in there and, as in all things, go with God :)

I came out of retirement for a while to help a friend who opened a computer repair shop, just until it was on it's feet. That may have delayed my coming to terms with retirement but like you it took about a year to relax into it. Those around me could not understand why but it is a completely different mind set. Mind you I still don't find the time to do everything I want to.

Terre

Renowned
Mind you I still don't find the time to do everything I want to.
This is what my grandmother and I found funny when she retired. Her friends kept telling her she'd have lots of time on her hands. What really happened was she had less spare time because she now had time for all those projects she had never been able to start.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I know the name of that game Terre . . . all too well, but at least I don't have to get up early every day to do them.

skylab

Esteemed
It's been awhile since Jo made an appearance...here are a couple of his most recent pics :)

JO8 MARCH18,2018.jpg
JO9 MARCH18,2018.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) He was doing a little water ballet...he likes certain types of music or TV programs, if things are not too loud or wild, he'll start doing the prettiest figure eights in his tank...so yes, that's him doing his happy dance :) His tail is as long as his body now...haha. I've had him four years, and he was about a year old when I got him.

I do hope Hivewire will someday add a large tail comet goldfish to their critter list...and a tank, and such. Great opportunities for beginner animation. RDNA used to have a toon goldfish called Gilbert (below) but I'm not aware of any realistic rigged goldfish models.

gilbert.gif

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not aware of any "new" ones. The only 3D fish I had ever obtained were very old on DAZ many years ago.

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Terre for the Nursoda alert! Apparently this new character is called Utla, and is at the link below :)

UTLA by Nursoda

At first sight I thought that someone had gotten creative with Kon...haha. Would make interesting backup singers for a Star Wars bar scene.....or hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil....or the Three Stooges playing dress up.....or a scene from My Big Fat Middle Eastern Wedding....haha. I just can't help it...I see Nursoda's stuff and my imagination runs loose :) I'm going to have to get her just for the fun of it...haha. Thanks again, Terre, for the tip :)

:coding:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey Sky, good to see you. I'm not into using those types of characters, but Nursoda always seems to come up with something cute.

Charles West

Adventurous
boo .... life interruptus... update emo has more morphs and figured how to get the emotigirl into the game. Now to straighten out the mess all my editing has created on the computer. I hope all is well for everyone. Da Wife is getting around fairly well. She can now walk to the car and we only use the chair when out at other locations. Nice to have the car and not the bedroom. a few teases of emo .... the coin surprise, the gang ... note the emotigirl sports pack, finished the control panel morphs. Working on the Periscope with Binoculars even did a badge morph for both guy and girl. So many ideas so little time. I wonder what people will think of the train and sub. I also found a use for the buzzy morph with one of the other emo packages. I think it was a freebie once. I forgot to remove the jet engine when I added emotiguy buzzy lol.

Good to be back,
Charles

coinsurprise.jpg invite_girls_n_guys.jpg PeriscopeUp.jpg Dont_call_cops.jpg sub_train.jpgemotiplaneshowroonlight.jpg