• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre, how's it going? My resting cycles are causing me to miss your online visits lately. Hope all is going well for you :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Goodness, I've been missing a bunch of things here in your thread Sky.

Maja, that robe for Pauline looks nice. If that's the final textures, I like the satiny stripes. ;)

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) Yes, Maja has been on a creative roll recently, and when I noticed it, have been online some to chat with her. She's doing some beautfiul work :)

skylab

Esteemed
Had a feeling that was the outfit you were doing Maja :) It does look nice.

Terre, I'm doing well...sometimes tired, but otherwise okay.

Maja

Eager
Current status below. Don't worry, texture still is there. I converted the meshes which are quad now instead of triangle. :rolleyes:

Little hint. I happend to find out that if Poser crashes while calculating a sim with a scene you exchanged clothes in, deleting the respective *.abc files from the scene folder and reloading the scene often fixes the problem.

God bless you all.

Frame #1:
Elisabeth-01.PNG

Frame #30:
Elisabeth-02.PNG

skylab

Esteemed
Oh my goodness, that's looking pretty, the way everything is layered :)

And yes, I have experienced some strange behavior in earlier updates of Poser 11 where sims would crash when changes were made. Interesting.

Maja

Eager
I experienced a short circuit when I switched on my computer yesterday afternoon. Apparently something went wrong due to this. Poser did not start any more, at all. No start image. No error message. No entry in Window's event viewer. I ran checkdisk on both hard drives. No success. Then I uninstalled Poser and deleted every respective folder. Currently downloading the files for new installation.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh no Maja...I'm so sorry :( It can be so aggravating, when enjoying a productive roll to have something like that happen...it's like having the rug pulled out from under you. I do hope you can be back up and running quickly without too much hassle, and hope you didn't lose any of your work. Hang in there.

Maja

Eager
Thanks for your sympathy. :)

No success, so far. As a next step I uninstalled Poser again, (hopefully) deleted all Poser temp, config, log files, and registry entries remained. Rebooted the computer. Then installed SM's download manager again, which at least accepted my serial number. Downloading again. That the download manager still "knew" my custom path to the DLM folder makes me a bit nervous now ...

Don't worry about my work. I have backups. What almost drives me crazy is that I have no f.... clue of how that happens. Any cryptic error message is more helpful than a program launch that ends up in digital nirvana after a second ... :tantrum:

skylab

Esteemed
Yay! Good to see that Andy is waving again. I'm not much of a help with why Poser does what it does sometimes...I've had my share of being jerked around, usually when I'm in the middle of something important. I'll just throw this out...do you think that it had anything to do with the SR 5 release when you updated? Just a thought, since most of my problems have occurred at times like that. So far I've not had any issues with it, except the content library is still very slow to make an appearance, it does however show, and so far has not been jumpy. But, I haven't tried out a lot of the features yet, just ran a successful sim and did some rendering, so that's not really a thorough test, so you may have stumbled upon something with SR 5.

So glad you're back up and running Maja :)

Maja

Eager
No, that was definitely not caused by SR5. Most certainly some file (maybe the registry) got corrupted in a way that the registration verification at Poser launch was not possible any more. I had to do a clean uninstall of Poser by removing every Poser related data by hand to force the registration process with the very first Poser launch after installation. Maybe that Poser MCA was caused by the short circuit. Maybe both events arose together by accident. All I know for sure in this case is, disaster loves company.

And now since FB blocked me for 24 hours due to a simple "Dummkopf" about someone who called me a bitch I'm clearheaded now to go on creating Poser stuff. Thank you very much, FB. :D
skylab, that roman chariot looks very nice. Thank you for posting links to interesting Poser content I certainly never would catch a sight of without you. :thankyou: