• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Here we go :)

PRIEST TEST 6.jpg

Maja

Eager
Phew! White crown, at last. Congratulations, skylab! You've made it. :D

Ah, I see, there already is a new update for Poser saying version 11.0.5.32974. Pretty busy those guys at SM. Now I'm curious about that update. Downloading ... :geek:

Maja

Eager
I must be completely insane. It's 5:09 am now but I cannot sleep because there is a Poser update downloading I MUST see in action, NOW. Please, call the psychiatry to pick me up!

:bounce:

(Fortunately I'm on vacation.)

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Maja...yes, I was concerned a little about the time for your sake, the reason I had said that I'd update tomorrow, but when you stayed on, I went ahead and did the update. I didn't want you to be worn out (I had googled the time in Germany and knew it was getting after midnight there). I tend to be a night owl by nature, but I can always make up the rest during the day :)

I installed the Poser 11 SR5 update also and so far so good. By SR3 my content library was no longer functional...it was jumpy and at times did not show at all, so that's why I gave up on the updates. So now I'm caught up to the current version and will see how it does. I was so glad to see the crown render out on the priest outfit which you had worked so hard to create. I did another render with SR5 just to make sure it was still okay, plus I put the sandals on his feet.

HIGH PRIEST.jpg

Maja

Eager
Wow, very nice render, skylab!

Please, don't get concerned about time zones. I'm a night owl myself. And I'm on vacation until Friday this week. I enjoy not being forced to take care of what time it is when I'm on vacation. That's my way to relax.

Maybe you remember the SuperFly materials for BionicRooster's "The Arc of Covenant" I've put together some month ago. It happens that I've uploaded that materials to ShareCG, finally. Sorry for the long time it took. Actually I'm getting a bit old.

ArcoftheCovenant.png

skylab

Esteemed
Wonderful Maja, I know folks will appreciate having access to the Superfly mat...beautiful :)

By the way, congrats on your High Priest outfit making the front page of ShareCG so soon...it's being featured in the Poser section. Well deserved!

I used to do the night owl thing when on vacation from work...so now I can do that any time I want. Internet connections are very often better at night, and I like the quiet too...no phone calls or interruptions, so concentration is better since I can be focused on what I'm doing.

I tried rendering the tabernacle this morning...the outer court did okay, but I had trouble rendering the inside of the tabernacle, even after taking away the roof visibility. It renders out almost completely gold, so it may be overwhelmed with the gold in the walls and columns. Here's the outside...I used the Poser 11 construct with the sand and sky mat for the background. The tabernacle is at CP.

TABERNACLE.jpg

Last edited:

Maja

Eager
Seems like the SF materials inspire some ppl to download BionicRooster's "The Arc of Covenant" even five years after it was released. I'm happy for that as a result of the release of updated materials for existing artwork for Poser.

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Superfly mats give a far superior render for metals and glass. I saw where Bionic Rooster even left you a positive comment :)

Maja

Eager
About rendering indoor scenes. To limit the distance that lights shine so that lights don't illuminate the entire room can help reducing unwanted effects.

skylab

Esteemed
I've been trying to think through what the indoor rendering problem is. That particular model of the tabernacle was created a few years ago, and Poser has advanced at least three versions since, so how the materials render in the current version of Poser may have something to do with it. Tonight I may take a look at it again, and post what I'm getting, but I can tell you, it's almost totally gold color with no detectable trace of detail at all. The primary colors in the interior of the tabernacle are the golden walls and columns, and a primarily red veil, or curtain...so it renders out mostly gold with slight hints of orange. I'll take a look at it tonight. I've been up since very early this morning, so my afternoon nap is calling to me...haha. Without the nap, I'll have eye fatigue while trying to work, so I'll get more done if I rest awhile. Hope you're enjoying your vacation Maja...isn't it wonderful to just enjoy being able to be home and relax! Are you working on any new 3D surprises, or are you just relaxing? I checked the time and looks like it's about 7:10 pm there...it's 1:10 pm here. If you happen to do a night owl evening, perhaps I'll see you later on, if you're online then :)

:sleep:

Maja

Eager
Rest easy, skylab. Most likely I will not stop doing stuff for Poser. At least I don't intend to stop doing so for the time being.

Maja

Eager
As for issues with the materials of that tabernacle product, please, keep in mind that it is about a commercial product.

skylab

Esteemed
Unfortunately it happens to be the only model of the tabernacle available anywhere...without it, there's no environment in which to use the High Priest garment. It's a very detailed, well made model, but one weakness is that there was no way to set up just the tabernacle structure independently from the outer court fence. It has a furnished and unfurnished version, but no way to use just the part that's under the tent covering....so it makes it quite demanding of system resources. I suppose it would be possible to create a "fake" interior as it is not too detailed. I'll search around for some square columns, and then set up a flat plane for a veil...then perhaps your arc mats could be applied to the columns in order to do a Superfly render. That was one reason I needed a nap....and needed some time to rest and think about a solution for an environment. As I'm typing this, I found a detailed overhead "floor plan" image...which I have never seen one done quite like this...it's just what I needed as a guide for measurements. Maybe this will come together after all :)

I've been searching for reference photos, and have found images I've never seen before showing detail of tabernacle construction, links below.

Tabernacle detailed

Detailed layout

Reference image 1

Reference image 2

Reference image 3

Reference image 4

Reference image 5

Reference image 6

Reference image 7

Reference image 8

Reference image 9

Reference image 10