• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Here's a quick Firefly render of the hair and beard added...now I'll try a Superfly, which will take longer.

PRIEST TEST 2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I definitely think I'm having lighting issues, especially after rendering the beard. So far the Superfly render is showing more vivid colors.

Maja

Eager
Well done, skylab. I'm so happy it works. I noticed that the tunic does not stick out at the bottom. Actually the tunic ist longer than the robe. Did you check "Collision Friction" for the tunic in the sim dialogue?

Unbenannt.PNG

skylab

Esteemed
While I'm waiting for that to render....last night I located in my archives something that Pappy sent to me...a 3D Hebrew alphabet for Poser...it was good timing. I've been studying, learning to read Hebrew during my break from 3D so that I'd be ready when the time came to use it. So far so good...it's becoming more familiar to me now.

skylab

Esteemed
I noticed that too, that the tunic appears shorter, but I know that it isn't. I figured I'd have tweaks to work out. But considering it's a first run, it's coming together pretty quickly :) The Superfly render is still running.

Maja

Eager
It's better not so put light directly in front of the scene. With SF use a maximum of two lights (one area light, one spot light) from top and/or side. Only one light should cast shadows.

skylab

Esteemed
No, before sim the tunic is the right length. It might be my fault. I was trying to lessen the crumpling at the arm pits, so I increased the fold resistence and increased the cloth density...and sometimes that causes a garment to stretch downward, like a heavy drape...and that would be enough to cause it to appear longer. That would be my first suspicion. And you're right about the lighting....I've got the lights way too hot for Superfly....but even so, the test render is an improvement over the Firefly. Superfly rendering is really growing on me...I like the crispness, clarity, and vivid colors.

skylab

Esteemed
Yep, definitely need to change the lights...so that the crown is more visible...but you can see already the improvement.

PRIEST TEST 3.jpg

Maja

Eager
It's not about fault but about cause. ;)

I gave up to mess around with settings in Poser to get rid of minor crumpling or poke thru, cause most of the time that leads to more worse unwanted results. It's much easier to use an image processing program to fix such things on renders.

skylab

Esteemed
That's the truth...a little post work can take a lot less time than overdoing the tinkering. Because I'm a relative novice with the cloth room, I always wonder if I adjust this or that, will it correct...I had one surprise good result with the good shepherd sim run, but most of the time otherwise it doesn't work so well.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah that was a surprise...I'll go back and check the directions...I tend to fly by the seat of my pants, so it could be something I'm failing to do.

skylab

Esteemed
Bear in mind, I'm even more of a novice with Superfly clothing renders. Most of the experimenting I've done has been with metals and glassy objects.

skylab

Esteemed
Actually I think the first Superfly clothing that I rendered was your medieval outfit for Paul, with the gold and silver trim.

skylab

Esteemed
By the way, in the render that's running now, I decreased the cloth density, and it corrected the hem length problem.

Maja

Eager
Nevertheless colors must get rendered according to the material settings. Unless the user changed them, what you apparently did not do. FF rendered the crown as it should. SF not. The question is why. Is that CPU oder GPU mode?