• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Maja

Eager
Hi everybody, the High Priest outfit got finished, at last. You can download it at ShareCG. Hope you enjoy.

HighPriest-02-small.png

HighPriest-01.png

skylab

Esteemed
Oh my goodness...it turned out so well done! The details are perfection! Thank you so much Maja. I'll announce this at RDNA right away, and if it's okay, I may use your images to do the work justice, so that the announcement isn't delayed by my preparing renders. Excellent work :)

Maja

Eager
Of course you can use the images, skylab. I really hope the props will work for you in Poser. Calculating dynamics of overlaying clothes takes Poser to it's limits, sometimes. That was one reason why that outfit took so much time. It's not all about look.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh hi Maja...oh yes, I know, with layered clothing and my inexperience, I could see it taking me a couple of days to get a promo render out, so that's why in this case, I asked about using your images, giving you credit for them of course. That was an incredible amount of work...not just the modeling and texture work, but then also the Superfly gold, not to mention that beard on Paul. I have to ask, did you do that in the hair room, or is there a beard somewhere that I missed?? It looks great for that theme.

Maja

Eager
skylab, please, pay attention to the Cloth-Room-Note.pdf for hints about how to set collision objects with layered clothes.

Both, the beard and the hair on the crown prop where done in Hair Room. The beard's hair groups are child of a prop called "beardcap". The crown comes with integrated scull cap of which the hair groups are children.
Please tell me, if there is request for the crown as a prop without scull cap and hair groups.

skylab

Esteemed
I just realized that the beard is INCLUDED with the outfit....I can't believe it...wow. I've moved to my workstation and am loading your zip into my runtime now....and we'll see how long it takes me to get it right...haha. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah Maja, I'll definitely need to read the directions. The most I've ever done successfully is two layers with dynamic sims, so I'll be venturing into new territory here :) Obviously this is not new for you :)

Maja

Eager
Most important is always to exclude every overlying clothes and objects from the current cloth's list of collision objects to in this case prevent the tune from being draped over the robe, or the robe from being draped over the ephod.

Set Collision Offset and Collision Depth to 0,500. Not only makes the whole thing look more realistic, but also increases drape calculation for layered clothes due the short distance between the props.

Maja

Eager
Second be aware that clothes between other clothes would take more time to calculate drape and dynamics. So if you don't see progress for some seconds that does not necessarily mean a malfunction.

Maja

Eager
You hardly could be more excited, and nervous as I was while running the perceived 100th sim for the ephod. :laugh:

Maja

Eager
By the way. Don't forget to do dynamic calculation for the hair groups. Please use "Poser legacy" but not "Bullet Physics" to do so. Because bullet physics does no collision detection, yet.

Maja

Eager
Yes, that's no child's game. Well now, newbies might give up after the first try. Anyhow, that stuff is not meant for newbies. Some extended Poser knowledge is required. But you are no Poser greenhorn, anyway. You will make it, I'm sure.

skylab

Esteemed
Here's the first run. I have some "crumpling" at the arm pits but I think it may be a pose and lighting issue...but anyway, here's where I am so far.