• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Maja

Eager
Sad news. Everybody will pass away some day but only a few leave a trace of pure love. :(

Just wanted to tell that I'm still busy on that high priest stuff. Good bless you all and those you love.

preview.png

skylab

Esteemed
I agree with Terre, that's really looking good Maja. You're doing a great job putting all that together, as always :)

Maja

Eager
Thanks for your kind replies. Actually I'm thinking about another approach using transparencies to implement the breast plate, and it's attachment. The current version of the ephod has a level of detail that seams to exceed what was viable. We have to deal with multiple objects laying over each other, currently a number of 4. I have to keep in mind that there are users having less powerful computers. It's not good when calculating dynamics exceeds users patience, yet.

For those who are curious of how to put all that together. Actually it's neither rocket science nor top secret. I use Marvelous Designer 5 for creating the clothes, and Hexagon 2 for creating special appliqué, adjusting details, material groups, uv maps, etc. While it is possible to create clothes in Hexagon, too, MD makes the workflow much more easier, and faster.

ephod.PNG

Charles West

Adventurous
Hello again Sky and all others. More interruptions but with luck I will be able to get back in the swing of things.... old machine died and had to wait until after the wife's surgery. yes again... this time for post surgery hernia repair. Once again we have been going through the process to get her back to walking the ramp to the car and navigating the house. She gets better every day. I lucked out and found an hp 2000 laptop. and just tonight got windows 10 installed before the deadline. I have successfully transferred passwords/ or reset them. Now to get programs installed and the art room cleared. I am sad to hear of the loss. I have to clear a limb from the back of the house and get some more stuff done in the house. Getting estimate on repair to house but no leak... it seems the limb just bounced off the corner of the house. I will drop in from time to time to check in.

Charles

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for dropping in and letting us know how things are going Charles. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of you shortly. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Charles...good to see you again. Glad things are progressing. We miss seeing you here, and look forward to your return. Glad you found a laptop :)

Well, I've finally found what I needed in order to begin the tabernacle priest poses. It's one thing to read about what was done, but I needed a little more than that...and found a video of a reenactment of the priest's duties on YouTube. Now I can get started on that set :)

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning everyone :) All is well here.

Am delighted that Kingsoft Office (WPS Office 2016) is apparently allowing PDF export again in its free version. I've found it to be the best of the MS Office clones. PDF manuals for it may be found at this link. The free version download is at this link. And again, I hope the PDF exporter feature remains free :)

Also, I forgot to mention, it still has the classic UI option, but it does default to the new interface during installation...just opt for Classic UI.

Last edited: