• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hi Maja! I know, the tabernacle priest outfit is a challenge...it seems best to start with the simple white tunic that the Levites wear, then have an outer layer that's like an apron, or wrap....and then the embellishments which are not easy...the breastplate with gems, the unique fasteners at the shoulders, the detail of the headpiece, and the bell fringe, which had the practical purpose of letting the folks outside know that the priest was still alive as he offered the sacrifice (if there was hidden sin, he could drop dead...so hearing the sound made by the bells as he walked let those outside know that he was still alive).

From what we've seen of your work so far, I have no hesitation in saying that you will figure it out, and have the creative ideas necessary to accomplish this. We have access to the mind of Christ in order to reach beyond our abilities. Go girl :)

jewish-tabernacle-costume.jpg

jewish-tabernacle-Levite.jpg

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Be glad it's not Orthodox clerical garb she's trying to do... some of that is really ornate. I've studied the way it's put together and all of that for quite a while now and I'll tell you... I wouldn't have the first clue where to even BEGIN modeling on some of it! :D

Maja, you're doing some really nice work here.

Sky, what do all of the gems stand for on the breastplate? Do you know? I'm just curious. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Seliah...I was on the phone and got delayed. You asked about the gem stones in the breastplate....they stand for the 12 tribes of Israel...each one was a unique color. The 12 tribes were encamped around the tabernacle in a military fashion in that everyone always pitched their tents in the same place. An aerial view of the encampment, if they could have seen it, would have revealed the shape of a cross.

I've been doing a lot of reading lately about the Hebraic roots of the Christian faith, and even how the Hebrew language reveals much about creation.

And Maja, glad to help out with a good word out there :)

skylab

Esteemed
I think Seliah may be referring to Orthodox Christian priest robes...not Hasidic Orthodox Jewish (black outfits with hats and prayer curls). I'm careful with that also since they are so strict, though it was tempting to create a pose set at the western wall like that. I was having folks on ShareCG thank me in Hebrew for the recent M4 and V4 sets...so far so good with that :) I know I tend to go where angels fear to tread sometimes, but I think by now folks know that my heart is never to offend. That's one way that I can be a help to you Maja...since I've already blazed that trail so-to-speak.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
In the case you're talking about Jewish Tallit. I don't know about Hebrew. Thus I better keep my hands off that stuff since I don' want to offend anybody by accident. ;)

No, actually I'm referring to Orthodox Christian... here's a couple of examples of what I meant in regards to the Orthodox clerical garb :

http://saintnicholascohoes.org/images/2014LazarusSaturday/IMG_20140412_115256_648.jpg

http://saintnicholascohoes.org/images/2014LazarusSaturday/IMG_20140412_114819_448.jpg

And this is the more simplistic undergarments/robes worn :
http://saintnicholascohoes.org/images/2014LazarusSaturday/IMG_20140412_120500_649.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think Seliah may be referring to Orthodox Christian priest robes...not Hasidic Orthodox Jewish (black outfits with hats and prayer curls).

Whoops - cross post! Yes, you're correct.

And Maja - no, I was not suggesting you try to make any of these... it was just an observation of how ornate some of the various clerical garb can be. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I think sometimes with nuances of our English perhaps being unclear, Maja may think that we are suggesting that she do things, when we're actually just making conversation. I've encountered this a couple of times and thought to myself, wonder what caused her to think that...and I've come to the conclusion that it may be somehow the way I'm phrasing stuff...haha.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You asked about the gem stones in the breastplate....they stand for the 12 tribes of Israel...each one was a unique color. The 12 tribes were encamped around the tabernacle in a military fashion in that everyone always pitched their tents in the same place. An aerial view of the encampment, if they could have seen it, would have revealed the shape of a cross.

Thanks for that explanation! I was just really curious about the breastplate, as I *knew* there had to be some significance to the gems on it. :) Thanks!

skylab

Esteemed
It occurred to me that it would be helpful if people knew that Maja's robe would work with M4...and sure enough, it did work with very little tweaking, just slightly upscaled to allow for the thickness in the chest of M4. Here's the first Superfly render of the first sim, so I will announce this in my freebie threads in case people would be interested.

M4-MAJA-ROBE.jpg

Maja

Eager
Poser Fitting Room should do that job quite fine on any clothing that isn't extremely under- or oversized. Anyhow, that will not make dynamic clothing for DAZ, either.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Poser Fitting Room should do that job quite fine on any clothing that isn't extremely under- or oversized. Anyhow, that will not make dynamic clothing for DAZ, either.

We can use them as dynamics nowadays. There was a script released on Renderosity that allows us to take Poser dynamics and convert them to DS dynamics. :)

I have used a lot of Poser dynamics in DS since that script was released. We cannot distribute any of our results, but means we can use your lovely pieces inside of DS and in our artwork if we want to. ^_^