• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Sarah also did some texture work for Poserworld biblical outfits, available here in two parts: Part 1 and Part 2

sarah textures2.jpg

...plus additional textures here and here and here.

sarah textures3.jpg

sarah textures4.jpg

Last edited:

Maja

Eager
Skylab, your rapture makes me happy. Thank you very much! :)

But, please, be patient. It's not finished, yet. First I had to recognize that the belt has to be a single object. Otherwise the under garment (kethōneth, under tunic) gets draped over it. No matter how I group it, Poser reaches it's limits.

What you se above only has bump maps which also are used for specular color. Diffuse color currently is rgb 255, 250, 240 to give the effect of sheep's wool.

Next Paul needs a pair of sandals. We cannot leave him barefooted.

This probably is the beginning of a series of free biblical clothes designed for Paul and Pauline to be published at ShareCG. Suggestions for clothes and/or Accessoires that should be part of a biblical wardrobe are welcome, as well as links to example pictures. I'll do my very best to make it cyber real. While waiting for release, please, be aware that I am full-time employed.

skylab

Esteemed
Wow Maja, I'm speechless...that you'd be willing to do this...thank you so much :) This is an occasion for blessing! As you give your efforts toward this, may you experience an increase in ability, time, and productivity, the same increase that I have received through the years, enabling me to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. May your workflow be smooth, and the time spent working be blessed with favor and increase, and while you work, may life-filled creativity and inspiration rest upon you. In all you do, Maja, be blessed!

And by the way...you take all the time you need, and we will enjoy watching this unfold right before our eyes. You go girl!!

skylab

Esteemed
I'm pasting in the same photo references that I posted for GG when she created the biblical robe for Dusk, and I'll be searching around for more, if it would be helpful. I'm pretty good with bird-dogging for stuff :) And, I think you're doing a great job selecting the type of work you'd like to do, so I'll just post the pics and hopefully you'll be able to choose what you 'd like to do. I'm seeing great possibilities, with GG's project, and now combined with yours, for a very nice nativity scene for Christmas, as well as other themes. I've been trying to put together an Old Testament priest's robe, but if you have an interest in this type of thing (since you worked on the gold shader for the ark), I'll include some reference photos of the priest's robe, plus the simple Levite robe. Again, there will be a lot here to choose from, so whatever seems to interest you :)

For now, here's the first list of clothing, showing close-ups of textures and details.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Example 4

Example 5

Example 6

Example 7

Example 8

Example 9

Example 10

Example 11

Example 12

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Well Maja, there's lots here to explore and decide what you're interested in trying. I tried to find the largest images possible for better viewing of details. Have fun, and let me know if there's something specific you need :)