• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Okay, first disappointment is Roxie Casual...I deliberately chose the clothed version to see if it would work...but she's a mess at the knees and lower legs.

ROXIE DS4.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
At first I thought Pauline was going to be okay, but upon closer inspection, she has a protrusion at the right shoulder. Otherwise everything else looks normal.

PAULINE CLOSEUP  DS4.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
So, the successes were better than expected....Paul, Manny, Andy 2, James, Simon, Ben, Ben 2. Figures that failed were Pauline, Roxie, Rex, and also Barney 2 failed, but I didn't take time to render it. Paul, Andy 2, and Ben 2 have weight mapped rigging, and yet they passed, so it's difficult to discern the cause except to say it's dependent upon how a specific figure is rigged.

Well, it's nap time. Have a good day everyone :)

Terre

Renowned
Good work, Sky. I wonder if with the clothing you could just import the obj and then use whatever part of DS content creators use to re-conform it to the DS version of the figure? Or is that done in a moddler?

skylab

Esteemed
More testing with Paul...this time using Maja's trousers for Paul. At first things looked good, but when I bent the body forward in an attempt to create a prayer posture, Paul's weakness was revealed...the neck separated from the head, leaving a hole. So it seems Paul can tolerate moderate poses, but nothing extreme.

PAUL DS4 TEST 2.jpg

PAUL DS4 TEST 3.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning everyone :) Rising early since I have to run errands today.

GG, your comment about John the Baptist reminded me of something funny that happened during a kid's harvest party that we had at the church. It was something we started doing to encourage them to have fun, but stay off the streets when it first began to get dangerous during trick or treat. The kids could make up their own little Bible story plays, dress in costumes, whatever, and the congregation had to guess what they were doing, or what story they were acting out. After a big build up of the story that still left the congregation stumped as to what they were actually doing, one little boy came out on the stage with a pumpkin with a wig on it on a platter. That of course was the give away...haha. The funniest one was about Jacob and Laban's goats. The kids had brought live goats and made up a little song, which went: "Uncle Laban had some goats, E-I-E-I-O. And on these goats there were some spots, E-I-E-I-O. With a spot spot here, and a spot spot there, here a spot, there a spot, everywhere a spot spot." Well, when those kids started singing "spot spot here, and spot spot there" ....right on cue, those goats started relieving themselves, first a little pile here, and then a little pile there. Hahaha. Needless to say they won the creativity contest, and everyone of course exploded into laughter....and the kids couldn't see what was so funny because the goats were behind them...so they were just singing away while the goats contributed their part. :)

Last edited: