• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Morning, Sky. :) Nice to see you stop in. I'm up way earlier than I have a right to be, but it's been too dang humid to sleep here in the last couple of days. So I'm up, with coffee, and doing more work on the dirty overlays. :D

skylab

Esteemed
Yes indeed, the cool spring evenings were nice while they lasted...but am starting to need that AC that was installed a couple of weeks ago.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep, we just put ours in last night. Okay, I'll be honest - I made my Bear put it in. He is comfortable in the 100's... all of my bloodline comes from cold weather areas, though, and I start getting heat-sick at about 85 degrees, and that's not counting humidity. LOL

So, we have our a/c running now, and both of us girls were finally able to sleep at least a little bit this time. Still not quite enough as he only put one in, and not both (we have a very large open space in the main house, so need two to properly cool it) - but it was better than we've had the last couple of days... just don't ask to sit on the couch, as the pup and I tend to share it for sleeping when it's too dang hot to sleep in respective bedrooms. :D

skylab

Esteemed
I used to tend to be a hot box too...change of life didn't help either...haha. The more my BP is getting under control, the less I'm experiencing extreme sensitivity to heat. I still prefer a slightly cool room for sleeping, summer and winter.

Hope you can get some decent rest now :) I'm thinking about catching a nap soon myself. Have a good, snoozing afternoon :sleep:

Terre

Renowned
Good afternoon.
Glad you have cooling guys.
We have our A/Cs on (one in the kitchen window and one in the back bedroom's rear window). Trying to keep the living room at 80F. I have a very narrow range at which I'm comfortable and 80 is about the middle of it.

skylab

Esteemed
SAV character and hair for M4...cool :) All that's needed now is a 1969 Dodge Charger.

SAV NICK.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Working on a pose set to use with the Charger, just for fun, and attempting to recreate the sliding stunt entries...driver side is done, and now will try to do the over-the-hood slide for the passenger, using an animation as photo reference.

M4 DRIVER SLIDE.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I saw that hair and character and said "hmmmmmmm" . . . :)

Looks like you're making good use of them Sky.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) SAV always does good stuff, and these characters are well done, with great 80's hair...haha ...and yes, I've enjoyed the pose set challenge. It's nearly completed, I think maybe two more to go. All the hood slide poses are done.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm sure the'll be great.

I just picked up SAV's Spartacos hair, before it goes off sale.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Afternoon ladies. Sorry to hear about the bad connection Terre. I had that about a week ago, where I didn't have TV, internet or phone service. Luckily it only lasted about 3 hours, and luckily I have a cellphone I can use in emergencies.

Terre

Renowned
Fortunately we have cell phones too.
Last year there was some big multi-company failure in town where all cell phones had no signal. I think a key tower from one company had a problem and disrupted everything. Don't remember how long it lasted.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think the only time I've ever been without cellphone service was on 9/11, and that's because they moved the tower from the Empire State Building down to WTC because it was higher, and there wasn't a lot of tall buildings in the area to block reception.