• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey everybody...I'm sorta getting awake, and having a snack. Timing meals when you're getting extra rest can be a challenge sometimes. It's easy when I wake myself up in four or five hours, but trying to stay down longer, it's more difficult. Otherwise, I'm getting along okay and resting well.

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks everyone. I'm just piddling with small projects now to fight boredom...ugh....we won't talk about that o_O

While searching for free textures, came across this site.

The priest garment for M4 is coming along...found a shirt tied at the waist at Poserworld which was very close to the appearance of the garment in some pictures...some show it like an apron, some like a lower covering with a sash, or a "backwards apron". That's why I was searching through textures...to lose the plaid and have a calmer pattern.

Now all I have to do is model the breastplate with gemstones, and it should be adequate to do a few tabernacle poses. The most active duties were performed by the Levites (simple white robes), that is, lighting candles, maintaining bread, ritual washings, and such. I just need the garments to be good enough for fairly low res poses to go with the Meshbox Tabernacle at CP.

m4 hgih priest wip.jpg

priestpic.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Heard back for Maja about Paul's outfit...they thanked me, it's been fixed, and now it's really beautiful! Here's a Superfly test run showing the tunic.

Paul test render.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Rendering with the dynamic coat now...wanted to see what it would look like done in Superfly, since it makes the trim shine brightly.

skylab

Esteemed
I will be inviting Maja to join in our discussion in this thread when I respond to the email, so if you see someone named Maja join in the thread, just know it's the person who created this outfit for Paul :)

skylab

Esteemed
I'm running a Superfly render now of Paul with hair and a beard, to complete the scene...so far, so good. I'm still rather inexperienced with Superfly renders, except with metals and glass, so this is a new venture.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I haven't done much with SuperFly. One of these days.

Today I'm playing in the Fitting Room for the very first time. Now if I could just find a tutorial that explains the different methods, with suggestions when to use which method, I'd be a happy camper.

skylab

Esteemed
Here's Firefly render...the Superfly render keeps giving a small artifact in the beard...have to work on that :)

Paul test render with coat and hair.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I've collected links to Pappy411's old product pages, in case anyone may want to contact him through site mail to see if it's possible to obtain any of his stuff. I don't know, but anyway, this will give you an idea of the contribution he made to the Poser community, and this just represents the biblical stuff.

GALILEE FISHERMAN BOAT

FISHERMAN BOAT

MORPHING CAST NET

ANCIENT OIL LAMPS

THE INN

THE TOMB

CHAINS

PASSION PACK - CROSS

THE SUPPER

ARK OF THE COVENANT

ALTAR SOLOMON

MENORAH DUO