• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
Great!

A friend elsewhere is just starting to poke into Poser animations and has what sounds like a newbie problem. I posted a link to this thread and told him that of the people I know you have the most experience with such. This sounds like just his second attempt so I figure it's probably something simple that you figured out long ago.

skylab

Esteemed
I'm getting a "searching for PMD files when I go to load the conforming clothing for Paul, so it shows that it's on the preview screen, but invisible. The dynamic coat however loaded beautifully...and the textures are really nicely done...will try to run a sim now on it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Sky. I sometimes get similar errors when the pp2 (for dynamic clothes) has the wrong path to the file in the code.

skylab

Esteemed
Sorry, I got side-tracked...yes, Miss B, I'm tending to think it's on the code level. Here's the dynamic coat...great potential as a magi garment. I substituted a pair of shorts since the rest of the outfit isn't functioning yet.

PAUL TEST.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
That is nice. It was hard to tell how nice from the promo on the download page.

skylab

Esteemed
Right, the outfit appeared dark in the promo, so that's why I mentioned I'd set up a test...the textures are well done.

skylab

Esteemed
Close enough...shows possibilities with tweaking...nice :) I did scale it up some since Paul has a smaller build...I scaled it up to 108%.

M4 ROBE TEST.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Some of that might be my fault for upscaling quite that much...but I could see that it was going to need to be larger, but was difficult to judge how much...I'd say probably 104 or 105 might be enough.

skylab

Esteemed
I left a note on the ShareCG download page about the PMD file searching on the conforming items...I thought they'd want to know about the issue. The readme mentions it possibly happening on one particular item for Pauline, but all the conforming items stall and search, and never become visible, even when rendered. Maybe that can be fixed :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well if it's the PMD file, then it's the Binary Morph Editor that's needed. I think that's one of D3D's goodies over at R'osity. If it's the pp2, that can be done with his Poser File Editor. You can also edit a pp2 with a plain text editor, but with all the lines of code, you'd need to "find" all the paths to correct them. I don't believe you can use a plain text editor for a PMD as it's a binary file.

Last edited: