• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I made an attempt at fixing the links last night, as it appeared that each one only needed "members." added to the link to be functional, but still they didn't work in the document, so I'm going to have to take time to set the whole thing up again, without a table, using visible links. If it were not for helping folks out who need the information, I'd just delete the Poserworld section altogether, since my patience is thinning with all the drama and emails regarding the site. It's not a good idea to blame your supporters and friends when there's sickness or need (and boy, do I know how to sing that song, with my health issues in recent years being far more serious than anything they experienced, but it would never have crossed my mind to lay a load of guilt or weight of financial responsibility for it upon the folks online)...it just doesn't work, and you run the risk of having very few supporters left when the dust settles, especially in a 3D climate that is rapidly placing Poser at a competitive disadvantage. It's like burning all your bridges in a score-settling for something that was not the fault of others in the first place, then saying no harm meant, it's just business. When business agreements are made, then broken, how many folks will be standing in line to sign up for the next agreement, knowing the first was not honored. I don't doubt for a minute that business is not good right now....at least RDNA faced all that with dignity and didn't make enemies...but found a way to turn it around, build bridges, and make new friends instead. Hivewire has experienced it's share of down turns as well, both at the beginning, and later with the web attack....but again, it's all in what you do with the negatives, how you handle what looks like a disaster, that can determine the outcome and how gracefully one can land on their feet, and move on.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I signed up for an annual membership years ago but, except for downloading a bunch of things, I also found their way of doing business, and how they treated folks who had been patronizing their site for years just plain wrong, so I never renewed.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) I had been a loyal Poserworld limited-time member for many years, finally purchased a lifetime membership, plus a few DVD's along the way. It really grieved me to arrive at the conclusion above. I've always had high regard for Steve Shanks. Their timing couldn't have been worse in making this sudden, unannounced (as far as I know) decision. For folks who like to use older models, this will not be welcome news I'm sure, and for those just getting started, as was the gentlemen who sent me the email request for information last night, the older clothing may possibly only be available to new people by way of the DVD's. This was not totally clear to me by what I've read so far, so the lost links would be useless to a newcomer to 3D anyway. So far only a few clothing items have made it up on the new site, with a per outfit price...perhaps it will take time for it to all be posted, but so far there's no order according to character. So I'm thinking it would be wise to just email the guy back and just let him know that Poserworld is in transition, and perhaps he could search for outfits by name. The PDF that I posted on the previous page of this thread still has quite a few useful links...so it's just the Poserworld section that's been affected. That's how I found out about the changes at Poserworld...I was randomly checking the links in the PDF, and discovered they didn't work.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think what annoyed me was they used to post "freebies" here on the old forum in the Across the Community subforum, but when you went to their site it wasn't "free", because you had to be a member to get them.

Why not just say that. Why advertise "free" if most of the folks at the site you posted AREN'T members? I never could figure that out. Obviously he wanted new members, and that was his way of getting new members. Just turned me off completely.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Seliah....I know, I had the same pull when I discovered the site change...it was like, how in the world do I let folks know what's happened without it sounding bad...and yet to be fair, folks need to get their downloads, just in case. But the majority of it, I had to leave unsaid o_O

skylab

Esteemed
Got my lab results back, and while I am very thankful the BP is down significantly and the A1C was good, I'm still declining in some areas, and the doctor has strongly suggested that I take it easy. I had a feeling that would soon be the case. So, as much as I hate to do this, I'll have to reduce the amount of time I'm spending working on 3D. I'm thinking that, since weekends are busy enough with errands, and consequently creating a great need for rest on Sundays, I probably should start being offline on the weekends, and perhaps just piddle with 3D one or two days earlier in the week, then focus on rest for the remainder of the week. I'm mentioning this as I don't want anyone to grow concerned if they realize I'm not online as often. I'm okay, but I'll need to make these changes in hopes for a reversal or at least a slowing of the process.

I'll soon have The Proposal project completed, and if at all possible, I'd like to get the Nativity project completed, and beyond that, will have to wait and see.

I'll be doing some reading to entertain myself. I'll miss all the activity here, but I'll be checking in from time to time. Carry on with discussing 3D issues, tutorials, project works in progress, and freebie tips of course...so have fun, and know that I'll be cheering you on from the bench :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey, you take care of yourself Sky. Your health and welfare are more important than entertaining us. Drop in now and then and show us how your progressing on your projects, and if you do a lot of reading, let us know what you're reading and if you're enjoying it. I love discussing books I've read. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Miss B :) I really will miss doing this, but I promise I'll be checking in each week, early in the week after I've rested on the weekend. I was in touch with Seliah briefly today and I understand she's doing a little modeling...so I expect a little show and tell of that project :)

Have a good evening Miss B :) Love you guys :grouphug:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I was in touch with Seliah briefly today and I understand she's doing a little modeling...so I expect a little show and tell of that project :)

Is this enough of a Show and Tell for you, Sky? LOL

Got my lab results back, and while I am very thankful the BP is down significantly and the A1C was good, I'm still declining in some areas, and the doctor has strongly suggested that I take it easy. I had a feeling that would soon be the case. So, as much as I hate to do this, I'll have to reduce the amount of time I'm spending working on 3D.

You do what you have to do for your health. That is far more important than 3D. The 3D is always here; you can pick it up and put it down whenever you need to, and no one will think any less of you for it.

Take care of yourself. We'll see you when you pop in. Thanks for letting us know. :)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So, as much as I hate to do this, I'll have to reduce the amount of time I'm spending working on 3D.

We'd much have your around some of the time and healthy, than too unhealthy to be around at all. Take care of yourself, and it'll just make us more excited to see you when you pop in.

skylab

Esteemed
Hi everybody :) I'm having a new AC put in my bedroom so thought I'd finish up this set while having the work done. I changed the title to The Vow. It's been 50 years (good grief, where does the time go) since I made a youthful profession of faith that took many turns over the years. For me it was never just a religion, but rather a marriage. If a marriage is to last, you nurture it, value it, and honor it. So, this simple pose set is to honor 50 years well spent, with no regrets.

As soon as things calm down here, I'm going to do a dive into the bed, and stay there for the rest of the evening.

Thanks Seliah, GG, and Miss B for stopping by...I'll probably see you all next week :)

THE VOW for M3 and M4, Poser and DS4

THE VOW - M3.jpg

THE VOW - M4.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
One last thing, I grabbed the free props table that I had posted in the old SKYLAB CHAT, and created a PDF of it. It's a handy reference to frequently used freebies, unfinished, but does have quite a few listed. I'm attaching the PDF to this post, if interested.

Have a great day :)

Attachments

• FREE PROP LINKS FROM SKYLAB CHAT.pdf
    105.6 KB · Views: 207

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Just a quick fly by to say hello. Getting ready to run errands this morning. Hope all is well for you.

Terre

Renowned
Good morning. :)
Tuesday is going to be interesting for me. The big store reset that I was told would be starting at the end of the month will be starting tomorrow. We'll see what I end up doing with the sale signs I normally hang Tuesday night.