• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Can't say that I would want to be in your position either, Terre. I am horrible at organization of stuff like that... they would fire me SO fast if I had to do something like that!

Terre

Renowned
Umm.... Stuff went kablooy.
I had to go back in for a couple of hours this afternoon. I also need to go in tomorrow instead of have the day off both to make sure that the fix we tried to apply this afternoon took and to make sure that things go well with the pricing on the tags the warehouse guys will be hanging tomorrow.
On the bright side my paycheck next Wednesday will be bigger than I had expected as I'm hourly instead of on salary.

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning everyone :) Discovered another dynamic robe freebie for M3 at this link.

Biblical Era Dynamic Suit for M3

...and the V4 Fantasy Wrap went on sale yesterday (only), so was able to get that for under $6....now I can piddle with creating a high priest outfit for the Tabernacle, as well as using it for V4 biblical costumes. Am working on the Nativity scene some, and researching outfits for the Tabernacle for current projects that I can take my time working on, but still have something interesting to do.

Hope things have simmered down for you Terre...sounds like you had a busy time.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Those are pretty good finds, Sky. :)

Terre - ugh, it sounds like you had a heck of a time of it. Hope tomorrow goes better for you...

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Seliah :) Hope things are going well for you.

Here's the first sim attempt on the free M3 robe above...with all settings as usual, and no tweaking. Not bad for a first run :)

m3 robe free.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Oh, forgot to mention, I heard from Pappy411 who used to sell at Rendo, and he confirmed that he'd indeed given up on selling at Rendo since he couldn't do much business with recent changes there. I wrote back and thanked him for all he'd done over the years. I imagine he's getting older and bit tired these days too. He had some great stuff back in the day, and it's another significant loss for the Poser community. He did the fishing boats that I used recently, and a bunch of the dynamic outfits that I did test demos of a few weeks ago. Can't help but get the feeling that the Poser community is slowly circling the drain, having been crowded out by the push of DS products. To borrow from some words of wisdom, shall the eye say to the hand, "I don't need you", and the head say to the feet, "I don't need you"...hmmm. Well, this old Poser user is gonna crawl back in the sack for awhile. See you folks later :)

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Yeah, I was glad to find that, it will be a free Biblical M3 Robe option for folks to use, and will help fill the gap left by Pappy going out of business, and Poserworld's changes. There are more parts to the outfit by the way, I just ran the sim on the basic robe.

I've got to test this one...there may be parts of it that can be used...the M3 Norman Outfit. There's also an old M3 Monk outfit still at this site, with textures for the Monk Hair here. And there's still the other dynamic option, the M3 Imperial Robe.

Circling the airport one more time, coming in for a landing this time....see you folks later :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hi Sky. Yes, it's going well... been making some progress on Diva's outfit, started work on something that I know I won't be able to complete for some time yet (need to learn a bunch of different things before I can finish it), and trying to get the last bits of Nataani's beta run together.

Hope you had a good day yesterday. Oh, and I did grab that Fabi v4 character from Daz yesterday. With the sale, I got her for a hot $3 and change. LOL Not bad for what her normal pricetag is. :)

That sim looks pretty good for an first test-run. It's a shame about the vendor, but I understand where he's coming from, too. Unfortunately, by the time I was advanced enough to start considering dynamics, I was already fully migrated into Studio, and at that time, we could not make use of Poser dynamics, so they were on a strict "do not buy" list for Studio users. If I recall, he had quite a bit of religious dynamics, didn't he? I seem to recall a bishop or some other clergy robes from him, too.

Have a good sleep, Sky. We'll see you later. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Hi Seliah, glad you could catch the sale and get the texture set. Nice :) I got textures for the wrap for $2.98, so it brought the price of the wrap down to $5.98, which beat $20.00 all to pieces, so I jumped on it.

Yeah Seliah, Pappy had a ton of stuff...several biblical robes for M3, V3, one for M4, and he even did one for Dawn...and he had a collection of props like nobody else....ancient biblical lamps, altars, articles of the tabernacle, the two fisherman boats, plus casting nets, morphing unleavened bread, middle eastern stone houses, tomb with a rolling stone, scrolls that would open and close, and that's just what I can remember off the top of my head...the list went on and on. And to think that a man of his talent and caliber, getting beat out by slut-ware...sorry, gotta call it what it is, requiring almost zero talent to make...it's a very sad time for the Poser 3D community. But, that's what kids want, so they're going to get a snoot-full of it. It's kinda nauseating sometimes doing searches, in both the commercial and free stuff, having to pick through the garbage heap for treasures....oh well. Pappy created the majority of his biblical models while I was still working, so I have every one of them.

I forgot to post M4 wearing the V4 Fantasy Wrap. I altered one of the textures to be more suitable, eliminating the flowers, and dialed down the chest and hips, so it appears to be coming along nicely so far. I'll be doing a blue version of the wrap for the priest's outfit.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to recall there being a chef's apron, or backyard chef's apron freebie...and if I could locate that, I may be able to do texture work on it for the outer layer of the priest garment...it was a multi-layered outfit, and the breastplate with gem inserts hung on the "chef's apron" so-to-speak. The fantasy wrap is layer two, and then a simple white robe was layer one.

high-priest.jpg

m4 fantasy wrap fit.jpg

Terre

Renowned
I hope you made it to bed. :)

Problems at work all fixed as far as I can tell. The explosion came from an old grocery price file from 2014 getting drug into the zip that needed to be sent. The fix the AFI guy did yesterday did work it just takes about a half hour to send over 53,000 items to the registers if it'd slow. We were busy then so the transfer was going at a snail's pace.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Afternoon folks. Glad to hear it's getting straigthened out Terre.

Nice finds Sky, rest easy and see you later.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey everybody :) I'm eyeing that sleeveless coat on Paul...going to test it shortly to see how it's made...it could have other uses :)