• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Those dynamics for Pauline do look nice. I went and downloaded them the other day when Sky found them, but I've been too busy driving myself crazy trying to make my own dynamics work to play with them.

skylab

Esteemed
GG, make sure you've got the re-uploaded version that includes the fix, just in case you missed that discussion...I think it was available for download yesterday sometime :)

skylab

Esteemed
Another Superfly render of Pauline's new dynamic gown. Everyone have a good evening, signing off now :)

PAULINE DYNAMIC GOWN2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning everyone :) Hey GG, it occurred to me, the only thing I had that was born in '78 was one of these...my fifth car....haha.

78camaro.jpg

Maja

Eager
Skylab, well now, I stopped making promises long ago. We'll see what comes next. ;)

Selia, nice to meet a similar soul her. Seems like we both are having the very best husbands ever. Nice to meet you.

By the way. Yes, everything is relative. In June I'll turn 53. From my point of view 36 is not that far away from being a teen. On the other hand form your daughter's perspective I may pass off as Methuselah. :laugh:

skylab

Esteemed
Haha...know what you mean about making promises. I've done the best to meet the ones made so far, but I know my solid promises have to be few these days :) I function more in the realm of "I hope to do it..."

Maja

Eager
Another Superfly render of Pauline's new dynamic gown.

Very well done!

Just a short hint to optimize dynamics on this dress. Make the Finger-tie material constrained group to make the nooses at the end of the sleeves stay around the figure's middle fingers.
I think, I also should put that hint in the readme for the archive.

skylab

Esteemed
That's one thing I'm still learning...using contrain. Miss B and GG helped coach me along on that awhile back, to help keep dynamics in place. I still have dynamic gowns that have full folds at the waists that I still haven't figured out how to get the constrain feature to work properly.

Maja

Eager
Oops ..., sorry! I was wrong. Material Finger-tie must be stet to rigid decorated group, not constrained group. And to make it work as expected allow hand collision on Pauline.

If you use Godwina Belt you have to set parts of it as constrained group to prevent the belt from falling down to the ground. I prefer to choose a view points oft belt from the middle of the rear of the belt.
Another important point is that the belt must not collide against the dress. Other wise the dress will cover the belt after drape has been calculated.

I consider doing a step-by-step how-to for dynamic simulation of that stuff, but cannot tell when it will be done. Maybe around next weekend.

Terre

Renowned
Well Sky, Seliah's not quite near to "approaching senior", IIRC, and I'm way "into" the senior group, but that's OK. I like when folks don't guess my age. ;)
I'll be 54 in June so I guess I'm in the "approaching" category. LOL