• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
I tested the LAMH player with DS 4.7 and had success. So far I've traced most of my crashes, both DS and Poser, on morphs attempting to load...for some reason it gets overwhelmed, sometimes stalls out, and sometimes crashes completely out to the desktop. Because of this I'm extremely careful with morphed characters, and save the scene often. The other thing that crashes in the cloth room is certain types of hair...it's as if it gets overwhelmed by the amount of information in the scene, so I have to be careful with hair, and again, save often. So, I don't know if LAMH has this same affect of your version of DS.
I started having problems loading the LAMH presets when I went to 4.8. But even in 4.7 it was crashing as soon as I hit the render button.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I started having problems loading the LAMH presets when I went to 4.8. But even in 4.7 it was crashing as soon as I hit the render button.

Do you mind my asking what kind of RAM you have loaded into your system? As in how much?

LAMH fur is Fibermesh. Fibermesg can be very, very heavy on a computer's resources. It crashed out my old system if I tried to load it as well, but my new system has a lot more RAM, and I so far have not had that kind of a crash issue with it on 4.8.

It should be noted - LAMH does not like it if you back out of the operation. If you click th button to load an LAMH preset, you have to load a preset. Hitting cancel will make DS crash to the desktop straight away.

Also - are you using the full version of LAMH, or just using the free player to load the presets?

I also find that adding a fur preset is the last thing you should do before the final render. Set up your scene, then save the scene one more time. THEN load the fur preset, and click render. Do NOT save a scene with LAMH furs loaded, as these can frequently corrupt the scene's save file, and are very tedious to edit out of the scene data.

I don't know if any of this helps - these are just my own observations. It also should be noted - some folks just get nothing but constant crashes with it, while others get constant crash issues with Garibaldi.

I can't use Garibaldi, but LAMH works like a charm. Others have the opposite situation...

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Do you mind my asking what kind of RAM you have loaded into your system? As in how much?

LAMH fur is Fibermesh. Fibermesg can be very, very heavy on a computer's resources. It crashed out my old system if I tried to load it as well, but my new system has a lot more RAM, and I so far have not had that kind of a crash issue with it on 4.8.

It should be noted - LAMH does not like it if you back out of the operation. If you click th button to load an LAMH preset, you have to load a preset. Hitting cancel will make DS crash to the desktop straight away.

Also - are you using the full version of LAMH, or just using the free player to load the presets?

I also find that adding a fur preset is the last thing you should do before the final render. Set up your scene, then save the scene one more time. THEN load the fur preset, and click render. Do NOT save a scene with LAMH furs loaded, as these can frequently corrupt the scene's save file, and are very tedious to edit out of the scene data.

I don't know if any of this helps - these are just my own observations. It also should be noted - some folks just get nothing but constant crashes with it, while others get constant crash issues with Garibaldi.

I can't use Garibaldi, but LAMH works like a charm. Others have the opposite situation...
I have about 3.82 Gb of usable Ram in my system right now and I have another 4GB that I still need to install.

And I know I didn't back out of the operation. I am using the free player and not the full version.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ah... it might be your lack of RAM, honestly. My last system, I was running 1GB of RAM with DS 4.8, and the LAMH furs crashed me out every time as well back then.

Fibermesh is a huge resource hog. I have 12GBs of RAM on my current system, and the LAMH furs - and any fibermesh hairs - will actually produce lag, so I load them last, just before running my final renders. It might be just enough memory demand that your pc doesn't tolerate it...

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Ah... it might be your lack of RAM, honestly. My last system, I was running 1GB of RAM with DS 4.8, and the LAMH furs crashed me out every time as well back then.

Fibermesh is a huge resource hog. I have 12GBs of RAM on my current system, and the LAMH furs - and any fibermesh hairs - will actually produce lag, so I load them last, just before running my final renders. It might be just enough memory demand that your pc doesn't tolerate it...
I wonder if I should test it again after I install the other 4GBs of memory?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wonder if I should test it again after I install the other 4GBs of memory?

If it were me, I would give it a try. My suggestion is to make loading an LAMH fur be the LAST thing you do before clicking the "render" button. Save the scene BEFORE loading the fur - and do NOT save it WITH the fur. Just save the scene, then load the LAMH preset, and then click your render button if it loads without crashing.

It's possible that the extra RAM might make it a little easier to manage to the LAMH presets.... I'd say it's worth a try to see what happens. Just do it in an empty scene type of setup, so that if it DOES crash Studio, you don't lose any other work.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
If it were me, I would give it a try. My suggestion is to make loading an LAMH fur be the LAST thing you do before clicking the "render" button. Save the scene BEFORE loading the fur - and do NOT save it WITH the fur. Just save the scene, then load the LAMH preset, and then click your render button if it loads without crashing.

It's possible that the extra RAM might make it a little easier to manage to the LAMH presets.... I'd say it's worth a try to see what happens. Just do it in an empty scene type of setup, so that if it DOES crash Studio, you don't lose any other work.
I think I will do that soon.

skylab

Esteemed
If you are a Peanuts movie fan, some "different" renderings of Charlie Brown and Snoopy :)

I've been taking dynamic cloth to the next level, so I've been busy. I've learned in order to have more than one character in dynamics, it's best to save the simmed cloth as an OBJ with mats, then import it into the larger scene, and applying the same poses that were used during the sim. I found this was going to work better than trying to pull 30-frame sims into a scene...which sounded like a recipe for disaster...haha. Here's a small sneak peek, in case my explanation falls short of making sense :) The process is rather intense in terms of concentration because it's all new to me, so I'm having to stay focused until this becomes a familiar workflow. Just letting folks know, I haven't disappeared....just applying some of the things I've been learning lately from GG and Miss B :)

PETER ON SHORE WITH LAKE TEST.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) Working on a stormy water plane tonight, or it might be more correct to say that it is working on me :)

skylab

Esteemed
Uh oh...back to the Nataani and Poser wrestling match....haha. I guess it's a good sign that you have everything up and running again.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Uh oh...back to the Nataani and Poser wrestling match....haha. I guess it's a good sign that you have everything up and running again.

Well. Poser only at the moment. I'm purposely not installing DS yet. I'm struggling to get a blasted INJ file made that WORKS. the INJ/REMs that worked fine in Poser 10, do not function at all in P11. The Netherworks script is useless. I've made libraries for IPB, and even the INJs being produced from THOSE don't apply the shape correctly. That rules out script, program, AND hand edited files. There's not a whole lot else I can bloody well try...