• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Description from 2007 of the program from another site:

Pozers Little Helper: This little piece of freeware is a godsend for those trying to save space on their hard drive because instead of just saving an entire pose, this nifty piece of freeware will generate inj and rem files for you. Basically what this means is that instead of just saving the entire character pose which you can do, this program takes only the parts of the body that you changed and saves them as “injections” which you can then apply to the 3D human model they were created for. The program will also save a rem file for you, this is to “remove” the morph if you decide for some reason that you don’t care for it, and restore the 3D human model to its original look. In addition the injection file will place a dial on your parameters window that you can then use to alter the appearance of the model even more if you like. Pozers Little Helper was created to be used with Daz’s Victoria 3 but it can be used to create injection and remove files for any of the 3rd generation Millenium figures from Daz. So if like me the thought of trying to open up one of these files in a text editor and figure out what to cut out gives you nightmares, then this is definitely one piece of freeware you’ll want!

skylab

Esteemed
It seems it has been a much requested program, but the source links lead to a site that won't pull up. Oh well...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah.. so far, still no joy.

And IPB is really NOT liking any of the morphs in the resource kit. I finally got an INJ file to inject the head properly - but if you remove it (run the REM pose), it disappears Dusk's head entirely and leaves you with the mouth and ONE eyeball sticking out of the middle of the neck... ewww. LOL

skylab

Esteemed
Oh my goodness...haha...so sounds like give it an inch, takes a mile...it takes control of most of the head...whew...what a mess.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ah-HAH!! I win!!

upload_2016-4-14_2-35-37.png

Take that, Poser............... :rofl:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Now, now, that there was more like buckin' bronco ridin'........... :roflmao:

But yes. I have a working INJ finally. And no eyelid peeking through the eyeball, either. LOL

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I know you're about to turn cartwheels....you finally got it. And you're right, Poser is a great tool, but it has to be tamed regularly. I bet there will be tutorials following this experience...the "how to" of getting it to work. I'm so glad you were able to figure it out on your own...I had about exhausted my search. I checked Rendo, ShareCG, DAZ, CP, and did a general Google search.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, I appreciate your data mining, Sky. :) I did re-read PhilC's page, too, just in case there was something I was missing there, but everything he was saying either didn't apply in this case, or I was already aware of it..

I ended up settling on a hybrid method to get him working. I used my IPB to make the actual INJ file... and then I hand-edited the (working) INJ file to produce the REM file.

I'm going to stab at IPB again a little later with a (not Nataanni) test morph. I want to get it working with Chris' head morphs one way or another... I know it should work, I'm not sure why the REM behaves that way... I need to dig into the codes and really compare them line by line, I think, and see what the differences are.

I tested out the other Daz utility... the morph-whateever thing from 3DUniverse... I'm glad it was so cheap, because it wouldn't even launch after installing it. Popped up an error about missing files... pretty much just uninstalled it again and went back to IPB and the hand editing attack method. LOL

But this is fine by me. At least now I just have materials to make. And those are coming out a bit easier this time around. Probably because he doesn't use any advanced nodes or bricks; his textures are just very basic maps and such.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, you certainly have been committed to seeing it through...a very admirable trait. Most people would have thrown it down and given up at the first sign of problems. That also makes a good teacher, because you explore all the possibilities of what could be going wrong. Poser has evolved into rather powerful software...mastering it takes time.

skylab

Esteemed
Guess I'd better get some rest now. Enjoyed watching the last few "bucks" of your rodeo ride. I'll catch up with you tomorrow, to see how things have progressed. See you then....good night :)

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Terre :)

Since I had to "search under every rock" in order to find these free gemstones, thought I'd share the link. Go to this page and scroll down to two links...one is a diamond which is set up for Poser 4/P4 Propack - Round Brilliant Prop, and the other is listed two links further down as OBJ format - Full Gemstone Collection. I was looking for square or rectangle gems to place in the breastplate-like outer garment of the priest in the Tabernacle set, and thought I was going to have to create them myself, so was glad to find these. Hopefully mats will be easier to find. Pic here and closeup here, and detail here and here.

Last edited: