• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks...thought you'd need a little play time when all the work with Nataani is completed :)

I tweaked a couple of the poses and re-uploaded, so if anybody was the early bird to get the worm, re-download again...I think four downloads went out without the tweaks. With the glossy mats, it's super difficult to see details, so I missed them due to the shiny mats. Ole' Andy is cool, sitting up on the mason jar :) I wanted to refer folks to that freebie, but it's no longer available, or I wasn't finding it...so I threw in my corked jar for users' practice using glass, and have something for Andy to sit on.

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks...thought you'd need a little play time when all the work with Nataani is completed

Oh, yeah. I will definitely need that. I will be crawling into DS and probably refusing to come out of it again for a while! LOL!!

I have purposely not reinstalled Studio on here yet. I want to focus on Nataani's conversion, and if I install DS... I will distract myself with DS... this is a way to force myself to focus on where I need to. :)

I wanted to refer folks to that freebie, but it's no longer available, or I wasn't finding it...so I threw in my corked jar for users' practice using glass, and have something for Andy to sit on.

I just thought the render was really cute. I might grab the jar later on. Not right now, because I'll play before my work is done. :) But eventually, yes.

skylab

Esteemed
The jar is included in the Andy Again pose set...thought it was easier than sending folks to a download link, since it was my model :) A lot of those old models were created in Anim8er and Hexagon. I remember I was very sick, confined to the bed for awhile at the time, and taught myself basic modeling to take my mind off how I felt. Some of the stuff I did for my friend Sarah who was needing freebies to do her projects. So it's nice to blow the dust off of one of them and use it again. By the way, the jar needs to be scaled up considerably in order to work for Andy to sit on. D3D mats has both glass and cork, as well as nice metals, fluids, and other stuff. If D3D isn't used, can always try a free mat...results may or may not be the same however. D3D's mats are really nice.

Terre

Renowned
Good evening. :)
Have a nice rest Sky. I'll see you tomorrow.
Seliah, glad you found a solution that is working.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sorry I haven't been around much. I've had my head buried in Blender, Photoshop and Poser trying to get a texture set to work properly. I've been banging my head on the desk for a couple of weeks trying to get these textures done, and one of them is just driving me crazy. Oh well, it'll snap in place eventually.

Anyway, rest easy Sky.

skylab

Esteemed
I'm here Miss B :) Had to get up since it was time to eat. Didn't realize you had a project that was working on you too, you've been so quiet about it. Textures are indeed a challenge...I definitely don't have the gift for it. I can throw something simple together, but like Wayii used to do....that's a special gift....a lot like putting sewing patterns together.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The problem was more of a texture stretching, rather than getting the textures set up in Photoshop. They're not ultra complicated, but I didn't do the modeling, and I was having a problem with something that kept stretching on a portion of it, so I was trying to adjust the mesh a little, but I haven't succeeded as yet. It's just one or two of the sets that are not coming out the way I want. The rest are fine, so we shall see.l

Then again, I also get involved with other projects, so have to keep putting it aside every now and then.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, the stormy waves render is progressing...the unwanted lines I think were a shadow from the breaking waves being morphed a little too extreme...so having gotten rid of the shadow line, it was time to introduce the boat. Time to turn in for the night...see you all tomorrow :)

stormy waves with boat test.jpg

Terre

Renowned
Good morning. :)
From the looks of it all three of you will eventually sort out the problems you are having.

skylab

Esteemed
So how's the Nataani project coming along now...or are you taking a break. I'm getting myself awake enough to walk on water here...haha.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So how's the Nataani project coming along now...or are you taking a break. I'm getting myself awake enough to walk on water here...haha.

I just re-coded the entire INJ entirely by hand this morning, and I am getting the exact same behavior. The INJ completely IGNORES ALL of the morphs in the head resource kit (despite them being present and having their values set in the INJ file's code) -- it continues to scrunch up Dusk's right pinky and ring fingers into the metacarpals area - and ONLY his right hand - and ONLY when injected (it does not happen when you dial the values in by hand) -- AND to top off the whole mess, it MOVES Dusk back to zero world center position AND puts him back to zero pose as well.

I'd really love it if someone else using Poser11 standard would be willing to test the INJ and see if they're getting the same behavior I am. It would help me rule out whether the problem is P11 not liking the INJ, or whether the problem is in my particular installation of P11.

GG has been kind enough to try and take a look at it, and the INJ works much better on her Pro11 than it is working on my standard P11. I still see some scrunching of the finger in even her screenshot, though. But it at least injects and removes.

I'm about THIS close to throwing the whole blasted thing right in the trash, and just distributing the skin texture only. I am going to try one last time to do it from a .cr2 instead of from a .pz2, but if that doesn't work, I'm DONE with it.