• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Oh no, back to square one. I'm leaning toward it being either two things...the INJ being created in an older program to begin with, or....a bug in the resource kit. If it's any comfort at all, I was getting some very unstable behavior when using Rodrigo for the shepherd pose project when testing GG's robe. I chalked it up to my inexperience and just knew I needed a faster track way of getting the biblical robe testing completed, so I never attempted to see it through to the end. I have also had M4 stall out Poser IF all the morphs are injected...I've collected quite a few over the years. So the one common factor in all three cases is heavy application of morphs...and I just drew my own conclusion that it must have been the reason I was having trouble during the first Last Supper project....since I was using M4 with all the morphs in order to do facial expressions. I started leaning back toward Apollo since all the movement capabilities are built into the model...same with RDNA Steve. This is just my homespun interpretation of what I think I've been seeing...doesn't make it accurate...just appears a lot of evidence pointing in that direction. It might be that conflicts like this are becoming more common in Poser 10 and 11 because of weight-mapping.

I have Poser 11 standard on my laptop, if it will help you...but you'd have to talk me through what you'd want me to do...if it's a matter of just attempting to INJ the files, then REM them, sure, I can do that....if you need me to QA anything complicated, well....you know my expertise will fall short. I'm willing to help, if my level of help is all you need.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh...haha...I thought I was seeing things there for awhile....it's a whole page of Pauline...so I thought it was better to put one link, than a page of links :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh no, back to square one. I'm leaning toward it being either two things...the INJ being created in an older program to begin with, or....a bug in the resource kit.

Well, it's not a case of the INJ being created in an older program, because I created a brand new INJ completely by hand this morning, via editing the code in text format. And the behavior is the same on that one as it is on the one made by the legacy utility.

I'm wondering about the resource kit myself, but I won't know for sure until I've run that through additional tests. It's possible that it could need updating for P11, I suppose. I'm not sure, and I would want to be VERY SURE before presenting that as an issue in the contact forum. I'm going to run some other tests, just randomly dial some characters using the resource kit only, and see what the behavior does when the INJ is made.

I have Poser 11 standard on my laptop, if it will help you...but you'd have to talk me through what you'd want me to do...if it's a matter of just attempting to INJ the files, then REM them, sure, I can do that.

Sky, that would be absolutely beautiful!! That is EXACTLY what I need right now. I need to narrow down whether the behavior of the INJ is the fault of MY specific installation or not, and I can't rule that out on my own for obvious reason (no way am I paying for two P11 licenses! LOL).

You'll have a PM incoming shortly.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I started with the sale priced P11 standard on my workstation, and when I found out the interface text could be adjusted, and I liked Superfly, I decided on sale Pro 11 (you're allowed 3 licenses) for the workstations (main and backups), and moved the P11 standard to my laptop. So, as long as it's not heavy duty stuff, it can handle light tasks (only has 4 gig of ram....and you can't do squat with 4 gig of ram these days...haha).

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
If anyone is interested in stuff for Poser 11 Pauline, someone has uploaded a bunch of stuff, each piece in separate downloads, at ShareCG. Best to go to the Poser section link so that you can see it all if you're interested in downloading.
I did the same thing Seliah did, because I didn't realize I had to change the Sort order. So I went and did a Poser's Pauline Character search, and found these --> Poser's Pauline Character

skylab

Esteemed
You have to set the sort order in your preferences to see newest added, otherwise you just see the same thing over and over again when you go to the Poser section of ShareCG :)

Next best thing, here's Infinity10's gallery, where the new Pauline items can be found.

skylab

Esteemed
And Seliah....I know you're waiting for the beta test results...and I guess you won't be happy with them...

When applying Natanni INJ, Dusk does return to center location, and loses the pose, returning to zero position. The short, stocky body seems to apply fine, but his face doesn't look at all like Nataani...he just looks like Dusk in the face, with perhaps a wider head shape. So I think you're right, everything is failing in the head area. This covers step 1, now on to the next steps you've listed to check.

dusk1.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmmmm, so if I'm understanding you correctly Sky, you posed Dusk BEFORE you applied Natanni's INJ? OK, I have never done it in that order, so I've never come across this particular issue.

I always load the character, add a character's morph, add a character's skin/texture, load clothing, hair, shoes, etc., and THEN I pose the character. The last thing I do, if I'm working with Dawn or another female character, is to apply any foot pose if the clothing set comes with high heeled shoes.

skylab

Esteemed
I was following Seliah's sequence of loading as she requested, to look for problems :)

Edit to add: The main problem is everything is returning to zero pose, and it has to be tested.

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
It appears to REM is working perfectly...rendering now to be sure. Seliah, I've read before in forum tips about clearing a cache in Poser...think it would help in this case, since you've been working on so many versions to correct these issues? Just a thought, and it may not have anything to do with anything...it just came to mind.

Here's the render, Dusk returns to normal appearance after applying REM.

dusk rem.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks very much, Sky. Yes, this still helps quite a bit, as it FOR SURE ruled out a corrupted program installation issue. :)

I think what needs to happen, is I just have to do the INJ from a .cr2, rather than the .pz2 method mentioned before in the Poser software forum.

I'm looking into how to do it from the .cr2 now. I know I keep saying that I'm ready to wash my hands of this, and I really in a lot of ways am fed up with fighting with it... but I really hate giving up on ANYTHING. Sometimes I'm a little too stubborn for my own good, and sometimes other folks can benefit from that. LOL :D

skylab

Esteemed
I'm going offline briefly to switch back to the workstation...so I can fix dinner while 3D-ing :) Be back on shortly.