• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
This is not so easy to do...the challenge is the lighting...to get depth in the background, things are kinda washing out in the foreground, and it lacks the "shiny wet" quality I was expecting...and I get some unusal lines, you wouldn't exactly call them shadows...just don't know yet how to control this sort of thing. This is okay, just tinkering around.

stormy waves test.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Oh no, what a shame...that means the only way you'll be able to release Nataani is for Poser versions up to P10...and that's what was giving you the problem. Sounds like being between a rock and a hard place o_O

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sky - the "lines" in the water? I got something similar yesterday when I rendered the robo-puppy on just the empty scene/sphere/environment-whatever it is.

Maybe try adding a plane primitive to the floor underneath the water?

As far as getting it shiny/wet looking... perhaps increasing specular or reflective properties? Just some random thoughts... :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh no, what a shame...that means the only way you'll be able to release Nataani is for Poser versions up to P10...and that's what was giving you the problem. Sounds like being between a rock and a hard place o_O

I am not installing P10 on this machine. I absolutely refuse to put it on this hard drive. THAT is what created the whole mess in the first place that caused me to have to buy a new HD. I am NOT going through that again, nor can I afford to risk destroying another HD.

I'm not ready to give up on this yet... I'm still trying. But I have to admit that I'm starting to consider throwing the towel in on the whole thing and releasing the skin-only. I cannot afford Pro. Not even at the steep sale it was on recently; it's TOO dang much money, period, end of story. So all the fancy content creation features that make this stuff easier are basically unreachable for me (such as the Export As Morph Injection or whatever that export option was called).

I'm not sure what else to try, honestly. The Netherworks script, even though I de-select translation/rotations, is setting the body back to zero pose, and only applying SOME of the morphs. The IPB program, even though I've set up Dusk libraries for it, is only applying SOME of the morphs. And the hand-made INJ file that worked in P10 is behaving the same way as the Netherworks script in P11. So I'm still trying here, but I'm fast running out of ideas - and patience with it. I've made a lot more progress with his materials this time around. But I'm at absolutely ZERO on his morph INJ at the moment.

Nothing I try so far is working on that. I'm going to try re-making the Dusk libraries for IPB, and we'll see what happens, I guess. As near as I can tell, the morphs that are failing to apply are all of the ones in Chris' head morph resource kit...

upload_2016-4-14_0-7-0.png

If you were curious.... this is what poor Nataani looks like WITHOUT the morphs in that head resource kit.... LOL

skylab

Esteemed
Sorry, I should have been more specific...I drew red lines on this to indicate where the "lines" show up...look just above the arrows and you'll see the lighter horizontal lines. I'll take a look at the settings you mentioned. And already is a plane underneath, actually two...one is called a dark depth, and the other is called a light apron. This happens to be an older DAZ product, so they make a DS version too. I notice in the promo that they have this shiny wet quality, so obviously there's something lacking in the way I'm setting it up. Actually that much "wet" would probably be too much. I was shooting for a painting appearance....it will include one of the fishing boats with terrified disciples and hopefully a light-emitting figure walking on the water. I may have to settle for much less than that, but that's the idea so far :)

stormy waves test2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Do you think it would help you out to contact Netherworks, or do you think it's a combination problem, also having to do with Chris' morph resource kit. I don't blame you, you'd never get your money back out of that project if you have to keep investing more and more into it. I know zero about morphs, but I do know enough about P11 to know that it has a weird way of handling OBJ's sometimes....I say weird, probably should say "different".

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ah... I see what you mean now. Without looking at the texture map itself, I can't be 100% positive, but that ALMOST looks like it's part of the texture map. It looks like a textured "wave" quality that is coming out too harsh when rendered.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Do you think it would help you out to contact Netherworks, or do you think it's a combination problem, also having to do with Chris' morph resource kit. I don't blame you, you'd never get your money back out of that project if you have to keep investing more and more into it. I know zero about morphs, but I do know enough about P11 to know that it has a weird way of handling OBJ's sometimes....I say weird, probably should say "different".

Well, I'm not working from an OBJ for this. I actually loaded a default Dusk in Poser, injected ALL the morph packs... and then I went through the process of hand-dialing in ALL of Nataani's morphs, one at a time.

Then, I saved that new Poser .cr2, and that is the .cr2 that I am trying to build my INJ's off of.

I'm not keen on contacting Netherworks... because it's not just that script that's misbehaving - it's everything I try. I'm convinced that there has to be something I, personally, am doing wrong here, but I do NOT have the benefit of having a Poser partner to work with... so I really have NO clue what I'm doing wrong at this point.

I'm going to re-make the Dusk libraries for IPB. It's possible that I might have marked the wrong morphs as "expression" morphs when I was setting it up. The process for setting up the new figure library in IPB can be a bit unwieldy, as the morph list shows EVERYTHING - down to and including JCM's and MCM's when you're notating which ones are for expressions.

Barring that, I can go back to the thread Satira helped me out on, and try remaking the entire bloody INJ by hand all over again from a P11-saved file, and see if that helps... but I am definitely running out of ideas at this point.

I'll re-make the Dusk library I have; maybe I marked the wrong things as expressions. But I don't know at this point. I'm very close to throwing the towel in on the whole dang mess, but I'm stubborn enough to not want to do that and keep pounding away at it... LOL

skylab

Esteemed
It may be as simple as the way I have the lights set....will keep tinkering around with it. I could set the scene up in Vue, but I preferred trying to do it in Poser, just for the learning experience, while I'm chilling out and playing awhile. I took a long nap today, was feeling tired, so let myself crash for awhile.

So you're needing something similar to Netherworks script to help do the job...will look around.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
INJection Pose Builder 1.5 | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

This is actually what I'm using at the moment. I've had REALLY good luck with this program over the years... and it takes to Dawn and Dusk pretty well. It's just the morphs in the resource kit from Chris that it's having issues with right now, and those were a fairly recent purchase for me. If I can get Nataani's generated INJs for it to work, I will be releasing the Dusk/Dawn libraries for people who use this program and want to make their INJs easier than hand-editing the .pz2's. The base program is only $2 for PC members. It's a very OLD program, but it was working fine on Windows 8.1, so it clearly has not been affected by the change in OS architecture as far as moving from 32 to 64 bit.

skylab

Esteemed
Okay...just checked, and turns out I had gotten that quite some time ago, probably during a sale, and tucked it away for "someday"...yep, that's definitely an oldie, going back to Generation 3 models.

skylab

Esteemed
I'll look around, see what I can find. I may not know what I'm doing, but I do have a gift for "bird-dogging" stuff :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'll look around, see what I can find. I may not know what I'm doing, but I do have a gift for "bird-dogging" stuff :)

Thank you! I'm checking into those links now. :D And yes, yes you do have quite a knack for sniffing the goodies out!

Oh I have that. Talk about an oldie. Don't think I've looked at that since V4 hit the scene. Hmmmm, wonder where on my external hard drive it's hiding. Hmmmm . . .

Oh, heck, I've been using it all along. I never stopped using it. :) I've used it for Gen3, Gen4, and I've been using it for my Dusk/Dawn stuff, too... just running into problems with the morphs out of the head resource kit here is all. :) It's actually quite easy to set up libraries... the only morphs I've run into issues with so far are these head resource ones for Dusk. (I don't own the Dawn version of those yet, so can't say about those.)