• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Actually, I think I'm going to try it first with no updates and see how it runs. I notice SR 1 mentions content library fixes...so that's when the tampering began.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I'm yanking the Poser 11 SR3 upgrade out of my computer this evening...reinstalling everything in order to purge that thing out of my workstation. I've been trying for two hours to work on Dusk's biblical robe again, and the library is failing to show after each click of the mouse, then it crashes to the desktop. My patience with it has run out. I'm sure it was a good idea for somebody...just not for me. There's just way too much of the resources spent on indexing, and considering I've never had a problem finding things on my own, I just don't need it. Things were running pretty good before they "fixed" it. I'm just thankful it doesn't have to affect my runtimes.

Sorry to hear it's been so troublesome for you. It's a actually been the first time the library hasn't driven me nuts since 11 came out. But it doesn't matter what works for me if it doesn't work for you.

skylab

Esteemed
It's so odd when a problem like that comes and goes...I thought it had resolved, then all day today I've had a fight with it. I finally got V4 Fabia going in the cloth room. If I clicked on something that happened to be at the bottom of my library, it jumped back up to the top. I had set up a Beta Testing runtime for future use, which happened to fall at the bottom of the library, so when I started working with Dusk, I wanted to re-try the beta version to see if there was a difference in performance, but I got the same thing. So that at least tells me there is not a difference in the beta from the final release, which was the main thing I was attempting to find out. The M4 shepherd pose was fairly extreme...it didn't look it, but his stride is like a long stride over rough, uneven terrain. On Dusk, the stride causes the robe to stretch some out of his constrained position. I'll upload the pose in the next post, if you'd like to try it, to see if you get the same result.

skylab

Esteemed
GG, here's the pose that's stretching the robe....I think it's the stride length doing it, as nothing we tested was quite like that. It hasn't been fine tweaked, I never was able to get that far because of library issues. It really should be like a climbing upward pose, with the right leg being raised a little, but I didn't know if folks would have a hard time figuring out what it was supposed to be, so I brought the leg down even with the other.

Attachments

• RUNTIME.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 198

skylab

Esteemed
Dusk with shepherd face. That's all for tonight...will tackle this again tomorrow. Good night all :sleep:

dusk shep test face.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Running test sims on some of the outfits that require a cloak...not as easy as it's made to appear. This one worked pretty well, until it got to the hands, and got a bit tangled up, so it will require some more fiddling with the settings. It's time to review Eisha's Cloth Room Master Class....to learn how to do fine tuning in the Poser cloth room. Amazing I've gotten this far without the information...this is the Elven Prince set with M4 Zaid.

After researching the subject, it seems the wise men were not considered kings, but rather astrologers from Babylon or Persia, perhaps even Yeman because of the particular gifts they brought, gold, frankincense and myrrh, widely available in that region. Tradition has translated it to "kings"....easier to sing that "we three astrologers, from Babylon we are"....haha.

wiseman test 1.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Good news on the long nap. This render looks like the cloak simmed nicely. Did you make sure NOT to check ignore hands when you set up the simulation? That usually proves to be my undoing if I forget.

skylab

Esteemed
Okay...then I know I didn't NOT check ignore hands...since I'll have to find that setting. Thanks for the tip...that may correct the problem. I've already increased the cloth density and fold resistance so it will have the heavier fabric appearance. It's amazing how it starts out a massive garment, and shrinks down to follow the figure...kinda suspenseful watching it happen :)

skylab

Esteemed
Here's the big picture, as far as I've made it so far...the long robe sleeve covering the top of the left hand is correct, that's the way those robes are made, but all the rest, especially the outer garment, is a bit out of place. I was testing the hands out in front position for the presentation of a gift.

wiseman test 1b.jpg