• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, that screenshot of the settings is where I was talking about, and for a long robe like that I would only check Ignore head collisions, as there's no hood on the cloak. Leaving it unchecked wouldn't necessarily make much of a difference, but the hands and feet do.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, I don't know if this will be helpful or not, as I don't think I've simmed "heavy" fabric yet, but these are the settings I usually use on the Clothify dialog.

ClothifySettings.jpg

The Static Friction and Dynamic friction are the same, but the Collision Offset and Collision Depth are smaller settings than what you're using. Again, I haven't tried simming a heavy robe/cloak, so my settings might not work that well.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
GG, here's the pose that's stretching the robe....I think it's the stride length doing it, as nothing we tested was quite like that. It hasn't been fine tweaked, I never was able to get that far because of library issues. It really should be like a climbing upward pose, with the right leg being raised a little, but I didn't know if folks would have a hard time figuring out what it was supposed to be, so I brought the leg down even with the other.

So when I tried your pose out on dusk there were major feet issues, which then translated into robe issues. I'm not sure why it loaded this way for me though.

Here's the big picture, as far as I've made it so far...the long robe sleeve covering the top of the left hand is correct, that's the way those robes are made, but all the rest, especially the outer garment, is a bit out of place. I was testing the hands out in front position for the presentation of a gift.

If the hands are getting badly caught up in the robe, one thing you can do is position the hands up before they end up in their final place. So if it's a 30 frame sim, on frame 15 try having his hands bent up so the robe will fall away from his hands. A lot of time when moving out of a T-Pose the hands start going down and the cloth follows them.

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Miss B...I'll give that a try!

While I was eating my dinner, I researched available camels. There used to be a free one available, and I'm not sure if I've connected with the only remaining link, or if it's a different one. The original DAZ Camel, maps, and saddle are no longer available at DAZ, but are good options for old timer Poser users. Anyhow, here's what's still out there.

Forum link to free Camel and add-on

3D Camel for Poser by 9mbi

Camel Calf for DAZ Camel by chriscox

HFS DAZ Camel MAT by DarioFish

Camel Cart with Harness and Reins

Free camel by vicmax (TurboSquid) OBJ

My Camel Camelia HD for DS

...and, for fun, link to a funny camel modeling challenge thread

camels.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Oh thanks for your input GG. As for the pose...I directly applied the M4 pose to Dusk, just to see what would happen...and I remember I had to adjust the feet some....apparently it retained the incompatible information from the M4 pose. I'll go back to the drawing board on that and create the pose from scratch. I'm glad I know that now, if converted poses end up being a problem, I need to be careful of things like using M3 poses for Genesis for example. Thank you so much for calling that to my attention.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, there's definitely improvement...maybe the fold resistance needs to be turned down now, that would eliminate the sleeves appearing like they're caught in a gust of wind.

wiseman test 1c.jpg

Vanish

Motivated
Interesting conversations in here, and some useful tutorials! I just spent the past two days off and on reading this thread from page 33. Whew. Nice to see so much collaboration among peers. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Hello Vanish....glad you've found the thread helpful. I figure, it I display the steps to solving problems, maybe others will benefit. You're certainly welcome to join in the discussions, if you have either solutions, or questions. And yes, Hivewire is unique in that it makes room for this sort of thing....so welcome, and hope you'll join in :)

skylab

Esteemed
Still tweaking the sim...have a feeling the wise men costumes will take awhile.

To switch to something productive, made a great discovery. The DS Monk Robe for Genesis 2 Males, though it does not show it in the promos, can be used without the head and shoulder part, making it a perfectly good shepherd robe :)

M6 MONK ROBE TEST.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Oh hey Miss B :) Didn't realize you were still on. And yes, I thought that would be a good option for DS users, and will make my job easier when it comes to DS poses too.

skylab

Esteemed
The crook needs a wood texture...I keep meaning to take a look at doing that, and always forget until it comes time to use it.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I've just started feeling a little fatigued myself, so that's my signal....so see you tomorrow...and thanks for all your help as I puzzle out the cloth sims :) Good night :sleep:

eclark1894

Visionary
Hey, skylab, you might sending me a copy of that robe, the texture and settings? That could help me tremendously with that Prince costume ai have for Dusk.

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning all :)

eclark...ahhh...I'm not sure what you are asking. The M4 Elven Prince robe is a commercial product at Rendo...go to the link below in order to purchase. I'll be using it later on for demonstrations of free pose sets. As for the settings, we haven't exactly got them right yet...it's getting much closer, but still not finished. As for the textures, they are included with the product at link below. Hope this helps.

M4 High Elven Prince

GG has a free dynamic robe, download link in her Dusk biblical robe thread, since you are working on a Dusk project, perhaps this may be of help.

skylab

Esteemed
Testing the Rachel Dynamic Tunic and Shawl for V4...I wish all robes were this easy to deal with. The tunic ran beautifully, with all default settings, and the only tweaking that might would be needed is at the feet. Otherwise, it was perfect. The shawl, when running sim 2, tries to slide down the arms, just as GG indicated would happen with outer garments, so I stopped the sim before it completely slid off the arms in order to grab a screen capture, showing it's potential. I suspect it needs to be constrained at the shoulders somehow...and this is why I need to spend time with Eisha's Master Class tutorial, since I have no idea yet how to constrain an area of the garment. Anyway, here's screen cap of this very pretty outfit.

rachel robe test.jpg