• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I always dread trying to navigate a handicapped cart around folks who are shuffling along, gnawing at their dentures, and even though they do the same routine every month, stand and stare at the items on the shelf as if it were the first time they'd seen it. On one hand it's kinda pitiful, but on the other I sense they need to break out of their routine before they get stuck altogether. I try to never go first of the month during the winter, but at least I can enjoy the weather now....it just takes longer, since they drive and park their cars like they shop...haha :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It was supposed to rain today, but turned out to be sunny and 72 degrees when I left for my appointment. Needless to say, I ditched the umbrella in the stand on my way out. ;)

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) Yes, it was a gorgeous day...it was great to get out to enjoy it too. I'll also be going out tomorrow early so I won't be able to spend time on the computer tonight. I'll be back to my normal schedule probably by tomorrow night. Just wanted to slip in and say hi. Have a good evening and I'll catch you tomorrow :)

skylab

Esteemed
Finally, at last, a character set where V4 doesn't look green...yay!! I've had my eyes on Fabia for awhile...and today she went on sale :) She will do nicely for a middle eastern character.

FABIA V4 - TEST.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) The link to Fabia is in my post, she's at DAZ..it's available for both Poser and DS.

Also, I ran a test sim on Bionic Rooster's Dynamic Robe for V4, which turned out to be a fit of the M4 robe...and it ran okay.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh OK. I guess I didn't realize that was a link.

Oh she is indeed pretty. I'm not familiar with the Published Artist, so don't recall ever seeing this product before. Nice find Sky. Thanks for the heads up. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I like to shorten them too, it just with the dark forum theme, I don't always see a link with the dark green text, unless I happen to hover over it, and this time I didn't. Anyway, I think I'm going to get her, as I still use V4.

skylab

Esteemed
There are so many V4 characters...it's unusual to see one that stands out, but that one caught my attention :) It was actually cheaper than the sale price listed since I had other discounts applied.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I just don't think I've ever seen it, and wonder why since V4 was my go-to female character for so many years. I know I've never purchased anything from that PA before.

skylab

Esteemed
I'm yanking the Poser 11 SR3 upgrade out of my computer this evening...reinstalling everything in order to purge that thing out of my workstation. I've been trying for two hours to work on Dusk's biblical robe again, and the library is failing to show after each click of the mouse, then it crashes to the desktop. My patience with it has run out. I'm sure it was a good idea for somebody...just not for me. There's just way too much of the resources spent on indexing, and considering I've never had a problem finding things on my own, I just don't need it. Things were running pretty good before they "fixed" it. I'm just thankful it doesn't have to affect my runtimes.

skylab

Esteemed
I'm really thankful for the activation fix...once again, it has worked, and Pro is back up, so it's nice to know it's an option. It's been so frustrating...sims were not running the same, and the library kept graying out, and started getting hung in that state...it wasn't doing that at first, but was becoming more frequent, and no amount of waiting for it to resolve itself was working. I just don't have time to be a full time beta tester for Poser. I really don't like the winky blinky library...but I keep telling myself, it's a total program rewrite, there are going to be issues. So...deep breaths...and move forward o_O

skylab

Esteemed
If I remember correctly, it worked best after SR1, so I'm just going to opt for that and the content updates.