• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So I was rather upset by the Poser 8 interface, and docking panels flying all over the place. I still find that irritating, but I've gotten use to it...there's nothing more alarming, while doing very close pose work, to have your tools disappear, docking themselves in a ridiculous place, when all you wanted to do is move it "a little bit" across the screen. On the old interface the tools could just be smoothly slid around the screen anywhere without displacing other things...it was wonderful....oh well, another price of progress.
Actually, I have everything docked, because I hate when things get in my way. I guess it's what you get used to.

That said, you can set the panels to not dock by making sure Floating is selected, but Drag-Docking Enabled is NOT selected. That way they'll never dock somewhere you don't want them.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I just discovered something went right...the Good Shepherd pose for M4 almost works on Dusk...it just needs a little tweaking here and there...so it should be simple to create a Poser version and DS version for those who are trying out GG's new robe :)

skylab

Esteemed
A tutorial for making scarves in DS using DynCreator and another tutorial for making UV's for the scarves.

I've been searching around, wondering what to use for the wise men, or kings, for the nativity...and forgot that I had picked up this dynamic robe back when I was still working, thinking at the time it may be useful...and it's perfect. Also, about the same time, I had found this V4 robe that included a shawl, and this very detailed dynamic as well. I'm sharing these links in case GG would like to see these outfits for ideas if interested.

See you all tomorrow :)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
A tutorial for making scarves in DS using DynCreator and another tutorial for making UV's for the scarves.

I've been searching around, wondering what to use for the wise men, or kings, for the nativity...and forgot that I had picked up this dynamic robe back when I was still working, thinking at the time it may be useful...and it's perfect. Also, about the same time, I had found this V4 robe that included a shawl, and this very detailed dynamic as well. I'm sharing these links in case GG would like to see these outfits for ideas if interested.

See you all tomorrow :)

Oh those are nice.

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning folks :) I had fallen asleep beside the laptop...so, it was a classic case of the porch light was on, but nobody was home...haha.

I figured you'd like the textures in those robes GG....any time it makes me go wow....just thought if you saw them, you could be mulling around possibilities in your head, while doing other things.

I kept searching around my archives until I finally found my Eisha Master Class tutorial...another investment from a long time ago...I remember that you or someone mentioned it....and in the back of my mind I knew I had it, but it wasn't in my tutorials folder, so it was missing in action. I could use the information now, after some experience, some explanations would help :)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I kept searching around my archives until I finally found my Eisha Master Class tutorial...another investment from a long time ago...I remember that you or someone mentioned it....and in the back of my mind I knew I had it, but it wasn't in my tutorials folder, so it was missing in action. I could use the information now, after some experience, some explanations would help :)

Morning. Glad you found the Master Class tutorial. It's got some great stuff in it as well as some nice dynamic outfits. Also there was a veil that came with it you might be able to use for the women in your poses.

skylab

Esteemed
Speaking of explanations....PDG, my friend Seliah needs some help with lighting. She's spent all night on Sanbie's forum viewing tutorials, and looking at light sets, but I think having someone to answer her questions or at least dialogue with her would help. She's done the Rendo P11 tutorials as well. Sounds like she's starting to make progress, but if you swing through in the next couple of days, would appreciate anything you could share, since we made great progress with dynamics :)

skylab

Esteemed
Hey GG....that's one of the things I was searching to find...head coverings and cloaks or shawls. I've been tucking stuff away since I began using Poser, thinking, one day I'll know how to use this. Well, one day has arrived....at least the learning part...haha :)

I ran into problems last evening while running Dusk's robe with the shepherd pose. Had the pose down just right, was all set to go with it, but when I'd run the sim, the waist would pull away from his middle some, so he'd have stomach showing on the final frame. I adjusted the pose several times, but would get the same results...so I put it aside and started the other stuff that needed doing, mostly freeing up space on my workstation so sims would have plenty space to run. I'll have another go at it with fresher eyes. I literally fell asleep with the laptop still on, hoping to be of help to Seliah....but I was too pooped to be much good :)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Hey GG....that's one of the things I was searching to find...head coverings and cloaks or shawls. I've been tucking stuff away since I began using Poser, thinking, one day I'll know how to use this. Well, one day has arrived....at least the learning part...haha :)

I ran into problems last evening while running Dusk's robe with the shepherd pose. Had the pose down just right, was all set to go with it, but when I'd run the sim, the waist would pull away from his middle some, so he'd have stomach showing on the final frame. I adjusted the pose several times, but would get the same results...so I put it aside and started the other stuff that needed doing, mostly freeing up space on my workstation so sims would have plenty space to run. I'll have another go at it with fresher eyes. I literally fell asleep with the laptop still on, hoping to be of help to Seliah....but I was too pooped to be much good :)

Hmm, you might want to check that somehow the Axel morph did get a value. That will move the waist. Also I set it up so the belt would be constrained. I wonder if somehow that didn't save though.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, that's kinda why I mentioned it. The beta worked perfectly...so I wonder if something got lost in the shuffle of release? I may try the beta with the same pose this afternoon and see if it works.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Sky. Wasn't here long, and have to go out to an appointment, so I'll see you ladies later today. :)

Terre

Renowned
Nature's April Fools joke on Portales New Mexico. We are getting the kind of weather we normally get on Easter today (while Easter was actually pleasant). IE: It's been cool and damp all day. With an added bonus: the temps have fallen enough now in the mid afternoon for the sprinkle to turn to snow.

skylab

Esteemed
Wow, Terre...that's like winter treated us last year. We were still getting snow the first week in April last year.

Got my first round of errands done, still have to go out early in the morning, but after that, I'll be done. First of every month is like an old folks' convention in the grocery stores...haha.