• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Lisa's Botanicals Renders!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Disconnect and discard all the nodes except the diffuse image map (and transparency image map for leaf1 & leaf2).

Certainly, you can simply tell Poser to Add Skin Subsurface Scattering. That adds Skin Subsurface node instead of the HSV & Scatter Nodes.

Here is a screenshot of my Petals and Stems setup looked like.
upload_2016-1-3_1-48-28.png

This is the Leaf setup (it has the added transparency texture)
upload_2016-1-3_2-3-43.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just looking at your diffuse map it's quite pink in colour where the Poser surface is quite purple...maybe it's the reverse of what I was thinking and it's the pink ones that don't have the light going through them. Don't know if that makes sense...

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nothing actually makes sense. I even removed the light thinking those are the only two the light is actually shining on. But no. Even with no light in the scene and the only light being the indirect lighting bouncing off the sphere, those two are still pink while the others are purple. Same thing when I also removed the Terradome Skydome so only the IDL Sphere was in the scene to provide light.

It's a mystery!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for posting the screenshot Satira, because I was definitely having a problem last night, and now I see the error I made.

I also noticed the Bump number is different than what you mentioned in your notes on the previous page, but that might also make a difference, depending on the flower/texture map being used.

Going to play more when I get back from the gym later. ;)

Last edited:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Napalm and Satira - lovely! Wow - the SSS just makes those look ready to pick, doesn't it?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
With all the foliage, it's absolutely impossible to see the heels on the boots she's wearing. I don't know how anyone can walk on spike heels like those! I was stumbling on the pavement this morning after visiting my future kitty. And I was wearing shoes with flat soles. Between the unlevel high steps on the stairs and the sidewalk not actually being level, I'd have killed myself if I'd been wearing those boots!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Flint and Alisa. Yes. It sure does.

SSS is well worth the effort to set it up. It's great on more than just skin.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Wow! Look at all the great renders in here already! It's so cool to see how things can be used in so many creative ways.

Satira I love the SS settings on the flowers and your description of how to do it.

Thank you all!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks so much for the screen captures...I REALLY want to try this, and for my brain PICTURES help! :)