• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Lisa's Botanicals Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Cute render Rae. :) Pansies are one of my fave flowers, and Lisa's are great. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks, NP & Miss B
I love Pansies too, my 3rd fave actually. I love Iris 1st, Violets 2nd (Pansies to me are overgrown Violets :p). So of course I had to get them and of course it had to have a Bee in it for here :D I'm surprised that HW doesn't have its own set of Bees and Hive tho.
(I was thinking it might make a cute Avatar)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
View attachment 5664

posted in the Dawn Render thread, but got confused on how to copy and paste same upload here... it FIGURES with what went into getting this art piece done!! ONE OF THOSE DAYS...BUT... it's been one of THOSE art pieces?!?! Do you know what I mean? but I LOVE Lisa's log scene and I love Dawn and I love the pleated skirt... all are fine, it was ME...just trouble with lighting and STUFF I did in the process... oh well.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Kitty Kupids

This is a little late, but thought I would post it anyway as it was for February!

I have a thing about cats giving you the sweet curious innocent eyes, and as my dad used to say oh that is the disgustingly cute look resist...resist it's how they work themselves into your heart! I could never resist! It's not quite puppy dog eyes, but maybe the cat version of them.

Lisa's Botanicals Daylily Model
Prism textures Conch and Windmill
Lisa's Botanicals Curious Grasses and Vines
RDNA heart scatter
Dusk or Dawn's Universal Boots
The cloth is the skirt is from the Queen of Hearts outfit.
The bows are from Fantasy Attics Free Zone
Background was created in photoshop from some old wood panels in our hay barn.
The cat is a freebie stock image

KittenCupids.jpg

Last edited:

Szark

Awesome
first I would like say thanks for the including one of my images in the latest newsletter, Made my day.

Secondly I hate the notifications on this site....you know how long it has taken me to look at every cool image in this post since I last looked. Mind you it was pleasurable. :p

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks Everyone!! :)

Congratulations on the Newsletter Szark !! It was a wonderful image!! I really love how you did the subtle blur on the wings!! =)
It reminds me of this little guy I did way back when. Subdivided Iray lol before my graphics card up grade!
Mid Morning Snack.jpg

Last edited:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
:) Awesome image, by the way, Szark!! That's a pretty one NA -I remember that!

Szark

Awesome
Oh yeah Napa (hope you don't mind me calling you that) awesome colours. How I did the motion blur was A: render each wings movement as a separate render, made a mask for the wings using Dreamlight's Mask Creator for DS3 and then blended them all in Photoshop. I can't wait for Iray in DS to get motion blur so I can try again.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Oh yeah Napa (hope you don't mind me calling you that) awesome colours. How I did the motion blur was A: render each wings movement as a separate render, made a mask for the wings using Dreamlight's Mask Creator for DS3 and then blended them all in Photoshop. I can't wait for Iray in DS to get motion blur so I can try again.

Yap, Napa is fine, Nap, Napal, NPA, NA!

Thanks so much for sharing the tip!! =) I did two images of the bird and then gaussian blurred them in PS!! I think I am liking your effects better!