• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So this came out of a "doodle" exercise I've been doing. And that exercise finally gave me an excuse to really sit down and get to know the Housecat... and... I really liked how this came out, so I'm posting it and sharing it. And I figured it belonged in this thread. :)

Scene only took me about 45 minutes to compose. It took my computer about 4 hours to render, though, because I had to set the LAMH hair quantity up to 1.5 million for this render... doing that times 3 LAMH objects... thank heavens I decided to do the DOF by hand and not render it! LOL

Laurie's Tuxedos and her Tabby are in use here as well as Sayianess' LAMH fur for the kitty. And, of course, the Housecat him/herself. And the paper bag was Glitterati's, from her Kitty Essentials freebie.

I didn't have a doodle yesterday, because I wasn't home except to sleep. Since I was home today... doodle!

I really do love this kitty. :)

Doodle-Cats.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I never thought of texturing kitty with these types of shaders until I saw those you've shown us with your promos PHD. S/he makes a nice shiny statute. ;)

Carey

Extraordinary
I've been neglecting my poor HiveWire kitten for a long time, so I thought I would post this one in this thread, even though the kitten is not the focus of the image...

View media item 3854
I've been experimenting with the new dForce feature in DAZ Studio (which I am liking a lot). Maybe now I can finally get some of my semi-dynamic projects put together in a release-able state. Don't hold your breath, though...
lovely