• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Just a quick render of some kitten poses I'm working on. Based on 2 of my cats. Malachi always wants to rub up against BartholoMEW and BartholoMEW get very annoyed about it. So this is called "You Bother me."

youbotherme.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So many lovely renders.

I rather like the one with the kitten pouncing on unsuspecting mom and sib.

I woke up from a nap tonight with Tsuki sleeping on the couch arm, with her back feet shoving me in the head. She wasn't at all pleased when I sat up and she fell onto the seat cushion beside me. Her expression was most definitely ... how DARE you awaken me so rudely!

(As if she never awakens me rudely ... like every time I nap or an hour or more before my alarm in the morning)

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Cute! Betcha yours loads faster than mine does... 4 minutes to load the preset, 15 more to load the first hair group, 5 more for the other hair groups, and then hours and hours to render. Ain't this a fun hobby? ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...it took a lot of fiddling to get it to this stage and displacement hair is more limited than LAMH. If I could have gotten the LAMH working I would have but I kept crashing. At the moment it's just a saved scene file. I initially tried to get my fur that I did for the mil cat to work but it was driving me nuts...so in the end I butchered one of the mats Laurie did and put it in the displacement section but it needs to have a proper map as there are issues near the eyes, nose and mouth which is why I blended two renders in PS. I really wanted to have fur but I'm still anxiously awaiting your preset...as that will be much better.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Just a quick render of some kitten poses I'm working on. Based on 2 of my cats. Malachi always wants to rub up against BartholoMEW and BartholoMEW get very annoyed about it. So this is called "You Bother me."
Oh, if that isn't the cutest render, and BartholoMEW's expression says it all. :D

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
I think there's a saying with something to that effect...

I did find that the fibermesh export from LAMH renders suprisingly fast. I suppose a Zbrush fibermesh export would be about the same.

Getting close on the preset. I just solved the 3Delight shader issue I was having.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It's been quite a while since LAMH worked at all on my rig. I think it last behaved itself when I was using DS4.5 -- although it could have been as long ago as DS4.0. (In 2012, anyway) It worked fine then, however. And rendered MUCH faster than any transmapped hair ever did.

I really need to load the MilCat and its preset in 4.9 and see whether it works again.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Various updates to LAMH have made it work substantially better. I first tried it a few years ago, and couldn't get it to do much at all. I've had it running for almost a week now while I am working on the kitten, and it only crashed twice (because I did things that it didn't like).

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear

View attachment 22291

ohhh good, are you going to do some LAYING DOWN with PAWS CURLED UNDER poses? I keep wanting those and will 'have' to do them to share if you don't... cat's are so cute the way they do that!
https://image.slidesharecdn.com/c9t...imal-handling-part-4-29-638.jpg?cb=1426686678
and
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/46/6d/b4/466db4462deaa1bae9d4a8d95ffece8c.jpg