• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
ohhh good, are you going to do some LAYING DOWN with PAWS CURLED UNDER poses? I keep wanting those and will 'have' to do them to share if you don't... cat's are so cute the way they do that!
https://image.slidesharecdn.com/c9t...imal-handling-part-4-29-638.jpg?cb=1426686678
and
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/46/6d/b4/466db4462deaa1bae9d4a8d95ffece8c.jpg
That's a tough pose to do with any cat model. I'm having trouble making it work without breaking the mesh. But I will keep trying. I probably will put it out as a freebie if I get a version I like because I don't want toehold up the rest of the pose package for it.

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
On the other hand, I've got Momma cat and kitten poses I like. :)
family.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Daio hmm was afraid of that... I may try it too... the back legs are VERY good! Those are hard to 'tuck in' too. :)

Family poses are wonderful! :)

PS... tried it myself.. and without a LOT of scaling of front leg parts and post work... oh well. still love this cat/kitten SO MUCH!

Last edited:

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Yeah, baby kitten! I love the HiveWire kitten but I admit I was hoping it would be proportioned more like a 6-8 week old kitten, rather than a 3-4 month old.

Dan30

Adventurous
Yeah, baby kitten! I love the HiveWire kitten but I admit I was hoping it would be proportioned more like a 6-8 week old kitten, rather than a 3-4 month old.
That's exactly why I tweaked it , Daio. I also wanted something closer to my idea of a cute kitten. I am glad you like it guys. Vb, imagine that with your fur on it. Has the potential to look really great.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The really young ones have their ears folded. How long is it before they unfold? I seem to recall that it's only a week or so before their eyes open.

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Eyes start opening around a week to 10 days. Ears are fully erect by 3 weeks.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I also attempted a younger kitten...
MyKittenCompair.jpg

the head is still large enough, shortened neck parts, torso parts, tail parts.... so it's subtle, but does go younger, I think. this will NOT be a freebie, as I did all sorts of weird things that can't be shared. also, don't forget the 'full belly'... great for a kitten look! :) "thank you, Chris!"

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I also attempted a younger kitten...
View attachment 22452

the head is still large enough, shortened neck parts, torso parts, tail parts.... so it's subtle, but does go younger, I think. this will NOT be a freebie, as I did all sorts of weird things that can't be shared. also, don't forget the 'full belly'... great for a kitten look! :) "thank you, Chris!"
This look great Lyne but maybe the eyes should be a bit larger? See my avatar - it's BartholoMEW at about 7 weeks