• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Oh yes. I've seen them do that, too. They are also rather fond of pouncing on sleeping humans, from the back of the couch. And they don't necessarily outgrow it, either.

Dan30

Adventurous
I don't intend to bore you to death, just to show the evolution of a render as a result of good feedback and patience to finesse the details...and to wait for a few hours for the render to "bake"properly. I think I reached a sweet spot and achieved the look I was going for, as an homage to Disney's Figaro and Cleo. Any comments most welcomed!

upload_2017-2-1_4-57-53.jpeg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I agree. It's very nice. Love the fishbowl reflection and coloration on the cat too.

I'm glad I waited to post on facebook. Going to post this one now. We used your first version in today's newsletter and it looked great!!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...third is my favourite also. It mixes the best of both renders...

Love the Kitten renders...too cute!

Dan30

Adventurous
What can I say...:angel: I am deeply impressed by your warm and inspiring community and I want to extend my warmest thanks to all and for all your feedback and encouragement.
In all honesty,I feel flattered to have my image posted top row on your Facebook page .Once again, this is, for me at least, a confirmation that hard passionate work is appreciated and is really worth the effort.
I am glad to be among you, dearest bees!:thankyou2:

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
I know what you mean. The very few times my work did in fact make it into the newsletter, I printed it out and keep it in a special folder. The only time my work ever gets "published," so for me it's quite special...

Dan30

Adventurous
VortigensBane, thank you for liking my work and the kind words of appreciation, here and "over there" as well!:)
It is indeed an exquisite feeling to see people can (still) resonate with one another. Appreciated!:sun:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
What can I say...:angel: I am deeply impressed by your warm and inspiring community and I want to extend my warmest thanks to all and for all your feedback and encouragement.
In all honesty,I feel flattered to have my image posted top row on your Facebook page .Once again, this is, for me at least, a confirmation that hard passionate work is appreciated and is really worth the effort.
I am glad to be among you, dearest bees!:thankyou2:

Seriously a sweet image, and an honor to post on the HiveWire Facebook page. I also posted it on my personal Christopher Howard Creek Facebook page, as I have friends that visit my personal page but not HiveWire. Many folks that support the DAZ machine will like or post a comment on my page, but will not visit our HiveWire page.

Thank you for being a seriously talented artist, willing and eager to support our hard fought for content and site.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I know what you mean. The very few times my work did in fact make it into the newsletter, I printed it out and keep it in a special folder. The only time my work ever gets "published," so for me it's quite special...

You're funny man. Your work is always awesome and inspiring. Don't know how you do it.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Speaking of fishbowls, until the dog arrives, my naughty kitty decided to go fishing!:laugh:

When the Master is not home....:roflmao:

View attachment 22070

I really do love this one BEST... sorry! It just draws me in and feels more real... I can see the worm/tail/cat and even the fish better...and it's very
dramatic... The final one is like a worn photograph... it's nice... but this one grabs me! Hope it's ok to say this... I NEVER mean any offense!

Some great piccies here, especially love the ones with the kittens. I totally have render-envy. The external hard drive with my rutnimes decided to check out. So, until I can pick up a new drive, and decide what I want to do, I'm out of the picture. Right now, I'm not sure if I want to even bother rebuilding runtimes. I do have a "backup" that's over a year out of date...If I'm going to go to all the trouble of setting things up again, though, it might be wiser to start runtimes from scratch because some of them were just getting so large, it was hard to find stuff. However, I don't really relish the thought at starting at square one because I have over a decade's worth of content (and it's a lot of stuff)...

One of the last scenes I rendered with featured the house cat and a little dragon. I'd post it, but I seem to already sent to to the trash bin (I'm trying to clean the main drive, while I wait for the opportunity to get a drive and contemplate things).

Any way, happy rendering, everyone. I may just sit and lurk from this point.