• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

Zaarin

Brilliant
Not a render. Just a screenshot. After the go-round of fitting Smay's CatSaddle to Harry, I thought I'd see how well it will scale and parent to the House Cat.

Verdict: It fits the cat very well indeed. *Much* better than to Harry. It does need to be scaled down a lot, since the House Cat loads at the size of a cat, while the MilCat loads at the size of a cougar. At full size it would probably not take a lot of work to fit it to the Hivewire BigCat.

But here is the result and the percentages:
Saddle: 33% basic/ x-axis 111.4%
abdomen of saddle rigging: x-axis 97.2%/ y-axis 96.9%
The extra x-axis isn't for the saddle, which fits pretty well on its own, but the straps need a bit of adjusting.

Boot: a straight 34% parented to hip and adjusted into place on the z-axis. The saddle is parented to abdomen 3 and adjusted on the z-axis. I suspect one could parent it to the chest, but I wanted it out of the way of the shoulders.View attachment 20689
I'm glad you're trying it on a digital cat, because trying that on a real cat would not end pleasantly. :roflmao:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Boy Howdy. A real cat would go bananas. Would not end at all well.
There really wasn't that much work to it, since the set was built for a cat in the first place. Now I suppose I'll try it on Kitty and see how that works. I think the scale will be really close to correct, but I don't know that the Big Cat has as long a spine as the House Chat.

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Just a quick render to start off 2017

HiveWire Horse (Arabian)
HiveWire House Cat
DAZ Barn
friendlyencounter.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
Very nice Carey. The lighting is spot on. :)
I used IDL lighting including rings lights I helped design, still it took a while to get it right and I am still not sure I got it just right as it appears as a dusk scene but when I added more light back ground and fore ground melted together...Course when ever I look at my own work I only see where I could have have done better...lol

Thanks, everyone, for the 'likes" and stuff. It's been a while since I logged in again. I get busy with other stuff and the days just blur by these days... LOL

Not a render. Just a screenshot. After the go-round of fitting Smay's CatSaddle to Harry, I thought I'd see how well it will scale and parent to the House Cat.

Verdict: It fits the cat very well indeed. *Much* better than to Harry. It does need to be scaled down a lot, since the House Cat loads at the size of a cat, while the MilCat loads at the size of a cougar. At full size it would probably not take a lot of work to fit it to the Hivewire BigCat.

But here is the result and the percentages:
Saddle: 33% basic/ x-axis 111.4%
abdomen of saddle rigging: x-axis 97.2%/ y-axis 96.9%
The extra x-axis isn't for the saddle, which fits pretty well on its own, but the straps need a bit of adjusting.

Boot: a straight 34% parented to hip and adjusted into place on the z-axis. The saddle is parented to abdomen 3 and adjusted on the z-axis. I suspect one could parent it to the chest, but I wanted it out of the way of the shoulders.View attachment 20689

Hey, that looks really good. It looks like you got a little "closer" fit than I did in parts for my render. I wasn't too concerned if it looked a bit "borrowed" for my pic, though. LOL Did you get the reins to scale? They kept breaking when I tried in Poser. That's why Peaches was just holding on to the pommel in my pic. Any way, I just wanted to say, :"impressive fit" with the saddle. ;)

"Newest render..." I say "newest" a little loosely. It's been sitting in my .pz3 folders since November, got moved over to December... And it's what, January now...? LOL Not really happy with it. It was more a camera placement experiment than anything... Big sets can be monsters to get interesting shots in (ironically). I don't have much stuff for Dawn, so she's wearing the same steampunk set again... And kitty is wearing that borrowed hat again... I guess you could call this, "interpreted Cat-Nap."

HW-Cat-Dawn-SP-Catnap--TS.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Ha! I didn't even try to fit the reins to the cat. Suspect that's something that probably ought to be added in post.

To be honest, I haven't tried to use the Smay saddle on a *posed* cat. That may end in tears. But at least I know that it can be got to fit the cat in the base loaded position without too much of a battle.

Interesting angle. Lighting must have been a beast.

As far as posing, I don't think think I used one of the canned ones. I think I manually adjusted the cat for my Peaches & Cat render... LOL
I could be mistaken, but I don't think so.

On the last render, with Dawn and Cat, I can't take credit for the lighting. It's the lighting that comes with Nautilus: Salon by cybertenko.