• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Dog And Puppy Renders.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sorry I didn't have a chance to render the Big Dog LAMH fur earlier when I tested it. Please take a look at the tips that are in there toward the bottom of the preset readme about making some changes to some settings in iray that are super helpful (courtesy of CWRW)! This image rendered in under 4 minutes even with 800000 hairs.

Ooh, that looks awesome!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Charles M. Shulz said "Happiness is a warm puppy". We could not agree more. We are so proud to bring to you all our adorable lil' HiveWire Big Dog Puppy.

Yes its here at the Hive just in time for Christmas!

HiveWirePuppy1.jpg
HveWirePuppy5.jpg

Grateful to the HiveWire team to make this pup available in time for Christmas. Thanks to Sparky for her rig adjustment work, and added puppy poses. Thanks to our Paul Lessard for first making necessary adjustments to update our Big Dog base (refer to added info in read me), and for his JCM and MCM adjustments and conversion and packaging of Puppy. Thanks to our HiveWire Beta team, and to Alisa and her HiveWire QAV team for thorough testing. Special thanks to Laurie Prindle/CWRW for her wonderful product renders of this adorable Pup and for her added LAMH Presets that she's made available to us all for FREE!!! And lastly thanks to our community for your support, feedback, and patience in making this pup available. Love to you all.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Charles M. Shulz said "Happiness is a warm puppy". We could not agree more. We are so proud to bring to you all our adorable lil' HiveWire Big Dog Puppy.

Yes its here at the Hive just in time for Christmas!
YAY!!! What a cute little bugger. :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
Love your render tparo, that's one very large snowman for sure, and our new puppy looks so cute staring up at it. ;)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Wow, what an awesome first render tparo. You have such an amazing talent for concepts and composition. This image of yours would make a terrific Christmas card.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I am so excited that the adorable puppy is out today! I just got it, but haven't had time to do any renders yet.
Meanwhile here is a head study that shows one of my new textures from Set 2 of the Coat Colors for the HiveWire Big Dog.

Credits:

HiveWire Big Dog by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & Sparky at HiveWire3D (also at Renderosity)
Coat Colors for the HiveWire Big Dog Set 2 by Flint_Hawk & CWRW at HiveWire3D

SBRM Gamebirds (Pheasant) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

3D Scenery-Autumn Path by ShaaraMuse3D at Renderosity
Northern Soul by Matthew Pinchbeck (aka Caisson) at RDNA
Painted Drama 2 by Tiago Fidalgo (DesignFera) at Renderosity
XMix 2010 Backgrounds by Thetis

Memories
Memories.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Here is another of my new textures from Set 2 of the Coat Colors for the HiveWire Big Dog. It works well on Rottweilers, Dobermans, among others, as well as Mixed Breeds.

Credits:

HiveWire Big Dog by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & Sparky at HiveWire3D (also at Renderosity)
Coat Colors for the HiveWire Big Dog Set 2 by Flint_Hawk & CWRW at HiveWire3D

Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 1 (Garden Tiger Moth) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Black Eyed Susan by Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire 3D

Framed Portrait Backgrounds by RachealMarie at YURdigital, LLC

Bold Companion
Bold Companion.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
The new texture set is great Flint. Popped it into my Wishlist until I have a few bucks to spare. A definite must have. ;)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I agree Miss B.

Flint Hawk your new texture set is very special. I'm just so impressed with such talent. Thank you so much for creating them and adding value to our Doggies.

Love those 2 new portrait images too. Wow, just WOW!!