Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by Chris, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Riccardo

Riccardo Eager

I also have the Big Cat working in Poser 9! This was done by resizing the very very hi-res 6000 px textures to 4096 px and modifying a copy of the .mc6 file that loads it.
    HW3D_BigCat_lowerRes4096_in_Poser9.jpg

jonrea and Carey like this.
  2. Riccardo

Riccardo Eager

I think maybe I could, starting from my "Dawn & Dusk in Carrara" tutorial, do a spin-off about the HW3D Big cat...
    By the way, Hivewire staff, If I search for that tutorial on the web, I can access the page on my website and on CarraraCafe. The Hivewire page shows up, too;
    Dawn & Dusk in Carrara
    but when one is not logged in, it says "You do not have permission to view the full content of this resource". Is this a desired behaviour? Wouldn't it be better to allow anyone to access the forum resources?

3. LisaB

LisaB HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee Co-Founder

Hi @Riccardo

I will look into forum settings for Resources and see if I can correct that.

Thank you!

Chris and Riccardo like this.
  4. LisaB

LisaB HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee Co-Founder

Hi again, @Riccardo

I made some edits in the permissions for Resources which should correct that issue.

:)

Riccardo likes this.
  5. Riccardo

Riccardo Eager

Working for me now, @LisaB
    Thank you, this is a better setting, in my opinion.
    I think most users would not like to follow the link just to find that they are not allowed to read. I wouldn't, at least. :)

6. Riccardo

Riccardo Eager

Somewhere in an Enchanted Forest, Victoria and Michael establish a pleasant and respectful relashionship with the HW3D Big Cats.
    Creatures can be wiser than creators, sometimes.
    Relationships.jpg

RAMWolff, Chris, jonrea and 5 others like this.
  7. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

8. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

9. ockham

ockham Member

I bought Sparky's Big Cat skeleton for work purposes because I needed a quadruped comparison for human anatomical terms. So here is the LEAST ARTISTIC render ever done with a Hivewire product! But at least it shows that Hivewire products can be educational. ant-post-cat.jpg
    Incidentally, the skeleton doesn't require the actual Big Cat as the documentation says. It works fine on its own.

RAMWolff, Pendraia and Rae134 like this.
  10. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Yes, I had a feeling it would be exactly what you were looking for, when I read your inquiry on the the Renderosity forum.

11. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Looks great! And nice to know that it's educational.

12. jonrea

jonrea Eager Contributing Artist

Great pics peeps

Run cat run

[​IMG]

Cheers

Jon

RAMWolff, Chris, luannemarie and 4 others like this.
  13. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

14. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Great render Jon. :)

15. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

Cool!

16. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

Unable to find the thread of Big Cat skeleton I wanted to ask if there is ever going to be a similar skeleton made for Harry and the upcoming HW Dog!

17. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Hey Carmen, Sparky did "Bonez", its actually a stand-alone product that can use most of the BC poses. I can't remember if she had a WIP thread. I'm hoping she'll do a Dog one too. She did do a Skelehorse morph for the horse but its not a complete skeleton, its more of a zombie horse (skull head and emaciated body).

Pendraia likes this.
  18. carmen indorato

Yeah I do know about that dear.
    Thanks for the reminder.
    But I
    I meant a whole,skeleton like the big cat skeleton for Harry and upcoming dog
    I just remembered...better late than never....I do have twohorse skeletons from elsewhere. Gotta find them!

19. carmen indorato

Should get that eventually. Haven’t been doing Any Poser stuff since May. Seem to have lost my Muse or something. A lot of poopie has gone down so no wonder really. But I miss doing my images. Haven’ been able to wrap my head around it all my troubles. So since I can’t use anything right now me no buy nothin! But eventually hoping to get some of this stuff.

Rae134 likes this.
  20. Freyfaxi

Freyfaxi Adventurous

Just a quick and dirty Poser 11 render. Using the Gogmagog set and it's default Superfly settings. plus HW Cougar . Only added a couple more plants

Cougar stretch 2.png

Carey, RAMWolff, Pendraia and 5 others like this.