• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

Me195

Extraordinary
Cool image. Great concept too.

Thank you very much.

Oh! I missed the housecat the first time! I wondered where he was, but then thought maybe he was in a previous render.

Silly me.

I was actually worried about that when I made it. That fur pattern is excellent camouflage for that environment and time of day. It's very easy to miss the housecat.

Love this!!!

Thank you very much. I'm glad you like it.

It's their motherly instinct, don't ya know. ;)

It could be. That is a most powerful instinct.

Definitely cool :)

Thank you. That's what I was going for.

Riccardo

Adventurous
Awesome cat.. and happy that it works in Carrara so well :)

View attachment 14284
@Stezza please can you enlighten me?
I bought the Big cat yesterday in the sale to celebrate its return to his Hivewire home, but I am having issues in Carrara:
- Lashes and cornea wrong opacities: I solved in a similar way to what I did for Dawn SE in the tutorial about Dawn and Dusk in Carrara.
- Poses: some are not working properly, but they can be corrected by hand.
But unfotunately...
- Parameters: I can't seem to access them. I can only get the parameters tab to appear by selecting "actor" in the instances tab, yet the parameters' tab is empty (see attachment). How did you get access to them?
No_parameters.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Make sure you are accessing the DS version from the correct folder and not the Poser folder...

You should load up from My Daz 3D Library/Animals/HivewireBigCat

which is where you also access the poses and materials..
as you have found out the materials need adjusting... eyes, lashes and ear hair.. adjust the bumps and then save your adjusted shader into your shaders tab by drag and dropping the big coloured ball.

Don't use the My Daz 3D Library Runtime/Figures/Hivewire 3D Animals/HiveWireBigCat folders as you will have problems..

Hope this helps you out.

upload_2017-8-16_12-49-8.png

upload_2017-8-16_12-51-18.png

Stezza

Dances with Bees
By saving the shader you just need to apply that next time you load big cat..

I also save the cat model to my Objects tab as well.. so just load up that which is the screen picture in the first post.

Once loaded correctly all your poses will work and morphs are visible..
upload_2017-8-16_12-57-38.png

James R.

Busy Bee
Is that just using the morphs that come with him??? Beautiful distortion!!!Scary but elegant

Thank you. :)

Yes! :) All those head morphs use morphs that are included. The things you can do with the Big Cat right out of the box are just amazing. Seriously, there are even morphs on the paw pads so they look like they're pressed down when walking. I'd forgotten how impressed I was by this figure when I used it for the Jungle Love contest last year.

The only things that aren't really "included" morphs in this render are that I scaled his neck and limbs to make them longer and a bit more alien.

Riccardo

Adventurous
Make sure you are accessing the DS version from the correct folder and not the Poser folder...

You should load up from My Daz 3D Library/Animals/HivewireBigCat

which is where you also access the poses and materials..
as you have found out the materials need adjusting... eyes, lashes and ear hair.. adjust the bumps and then save your adjusted shader into your shaders tab by drag and dropping the big coloured ball.

Don't use the My Daz 3D Library Runtime/Figures/Hivewire 3D Animals/HiveWireBigCat folders as you will have problems..

Hope this helps you out.

View attachment 28912

View attachment 28913
@Stezza, I am loading the correct DS version, but one of your hints is probably key to a workaround.
So stay tuned :)
I will let you know what happens as soon as I try a couple of things.
In the meanwhile, thanks a lot for being so helpful (as usual).

Riccardo

Adventurous
Ok, I'm back and I played around with all this HW3D Big Cat issue in Carrara. So here we go:
I was loading the correct DS version, avoiding the Poser one (I am well aware of the similar situation with Dawn and Dusk).
But I do not use the default Daz installation path and always install everything by hand where I choose, since I spent a lot of time figuring how to better organise my runtimes for a possible concurrent use in Carrara, DS and Poser.
The problem is that in some directories, HW3D characters do load in Carrara but the parameters tab is empty. This had never happened before to me. And some poses are applied with flaws as well.
I tried to figure out what could be wrong in the path/name/letters/spaces/specialChars of the folders with no success. Filesystem is checked: no errors.
This remains a mystery to me: anyway, I tried loads of combinations and ended up putting HW3D chars in a folder named "_HiveWire 3D" (not working if I remove the underscore) where their behaviour is as expected.
With that fixed (sort of), I went on tweaking the shaders loaded by default with the DS version of the Big Cat (Iray) to make them work in Carrara. Applying 3DLight mats results in a black character.
I made this tweaking also by comparing the settings with the Poser version (which I loaded as well as a guide).
I saved the resulting shader in Carrara's browser and now everything works properly.
So, thanks really a lot to @Stezza for all, especially the hints about dragging the multiple shading domains ball (didn't know that) and for talking about the runtime folder's path. You really put me on the right track to solve the problems.
I am going to tweak the shader more, but I am quite happy with what I could achieve by now. This model and its textures are indeed impressive, folks.
Thus, Big Cat, please come to say "hi" to all and show how handsome you look in Carrara.
"Growl!"
CarraraComparison.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Yay... happy to help..

As an after thought , when you adjust the shaders to your liking and before saving the shader what I do is 'Consolidate duplicate shaders'

I also use this method for all models I use frequently to save time adjusting manually each time. :)

Riccardo

Adventurous
Yay... happy to help..

As an after thought , when you adjust the shaders to your liking and before saving the shader what I do is 'Consolidate duplicate shaders'

I also use this method for all models I use frequently to save time adjusting manually each time. :)
Thank you, @Stezza. In this particular case I'd rather not to consolidate since I have identical shaders for fur, teeth lower and upper, and so on, but I want to be able to create differences if needed :)

Riccardo

Adventurous
Well, there always is room for improvement, but tweak after tweak, NOW I am definitely more satisfied with the result.
I celebrated by also buying CWRW Black Panther textures (other tweaking! I know, I asked for it) and here they are: improved Leopard. And Panther. In Carrara!
CarraraComparison2.jpg