• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Gorilla Renders!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Jungle Wild
HW Gorilla for Dusk
Lisa's Botanicals Asiatic Lily
Jungle Heat Textures for Lisa's Botanicals Asiatic Lily
Tropicals II
SBRM - Giant Moths Moths of the World Vol 2
Stonemason's Jungle Ruins
JT.jpg

Last edited:

James R.

Busy Bee
"Let me see!"
This top image was my first attempt for the Jungle Love contest, but I couldn't get the light and materials quite right.
So I decided to go about as far out of the box for that contest as I could. :alien:
Seems I unintentionally mystified people, even though I met the basic criteria of using the Big Cat and another Jungle Love item (Dusk Gorilla).
"How does this have anything to do with jungle-anything?!" "Get back in the box, James!" :roflmao:
Oh well. ;) I had fun using Dusk and the Big Cat for both of these and that was the key for me! :D

Hivewire-Big-Cat-test-13.jpg

explorers-1-FINAL-11W.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I hope you entered it, who's to say this isn't what a jungle looks like on that planet?
(One I entered didn't have a jungle in it at all, I called it Urban Jungle and it had the Leopard on a poster for a circus, so not even a "real" cat so to speak in the pic :p)

James R.

Busy Bee
I did enter it. But after looking at everyone else's detailed renders of such lush jungles I wondered if I didn't go a little too far into space... I just saw your render in the gallery! That was a clever use of the cat! :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@James R. out of the box is a lot more fun than in the box because you get to stretch the boundaries and come up with new and innovative ideas and concepts!! Besides it's really one heck of a interstellar jungle out there to explore !!

Excellent work! Please keep up the wonderful renders!!

Besides other Jungle definitions include which are not a literal sense

any confused mass or agglomeration of objects; jumble:
a jungle of wrecked automobiles.

something that baffles or perplexes;
a jungle of legal double-talk.

Last edited:

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Loved your image James, at least it stands out, all the rest in the contest look so similar they blend together. I tried to go slightly out of the box myself.

James R.

Busy Bee
@James R. out of the box is a lot more fun than in the box because you get to stretch the boundaries and come up with new and innovative ideas and concepts!! Besides it's really one heck of a interstellar jungle out there to explore !!

Excellent work! Please keep up the wonderful renders!!

Besides other Jungle definitions include which are not a literal sense

any confused mass or agglomeration of objects; jumble:
a jungle of wrecked automobiles.

something that baffles or perplexes;
a jungle of legal double-talk.

Thanks. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Great imagery James. Well done and clever. Your second image is not too far out for the Jungle Love theme either.

3wComics. Yeah, I got a good chuckle from your poster as well.