1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Show Us Your Gorilla Renders!

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by Chris, May 3, 2016.

1. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

Great image there Lyne. I love your baby gorilla. So cute!

2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

That's cute Lyne. You did a good job of converting Luna to a baby gorilla. ;)

3. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

4. Miss B

Ohhhh, a grey beard to show age. I like it Carey. :)

Carey likes this.
  5. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

The thing that always impressed me about an ape is how really black they get, so black they look blue...lol So I got out my digital water colors in poser, added some brown alt spec binn to shoot some brown into the mix. added purple by adding a layer of sub surface to everything and added a touch of pink reflective gloss...Yes I know what the book tells you, I threw the book away several years ago and now I am a total monkey, I play with all the dials....just to see what happens

Course I did a few other things too, but that is for the advanced Poser students...lol

Just kidding, truth is, I forget....lol

Off to ponder making a grape ape, no particular reason, just because...lol

Chris likes this.
  6. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

7. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Hey Carey! I thought you were going to do a purple one, not a drunk one :D (lovely render)

Carey likes this.
  8. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

Doing Research...Two bottles thus far...lol

Rae134 likes this.
  9. Rae134

just be careful, don't google purple gorilla images (some are quite scary :p)

10. Miss B

That's a fun render Carey. :D

Carey likes this.
  11. RAMWolff

Pretty funny. WHAT, no pink elephants? :p

12. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

I did make em pink, just not obviously pink to preserve detail, I love bringing smiles to people, My frig just died, my pain level is up so why not find something to smile about...what can it hurt?

13. RAMWolff

I thought they looked a little pinkish! lol

Hope your pain subsides and your fridge gets fixed or replaced SOON. No fun! HUGS

14. Lorraine

Lorraine The Wicked Witch of the North CV-BEE

That sucks, Carey. I do understand the pain and the fridge. I also have chronic pain and my fridge died on me last year, at the same time as my generator. What an expensive month that was! Much gnashing of teeth and wailing ensued :(

15. Miss B

Ya know, I was wondering why those elephants weren't pink, but now I see Carey mentioned it wasn't so obviously pink to preserve detail. They are cute elephants though. ;)

16. RAMWolff

They are so wittle and cute! :p

17. Rae134

They did look pinkish on my screen hence my drunk comment :p

Carey likes this.
  18. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

I won my first art award for making "Cute" elephants...lol I was tempted to add poka dots but you see I didn't want to make this obvious, I wanted people to have to look at this a little bit to get what was really going on....lol Yes, I am devious at times, see I sit around thinking about all those smiles when you finally get the joke and I get this big evil grin when I think of that....lol

I am however thankful you all got it and that you enjoyed it....

Rae134 likes this.
  19. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

Real cute :) Hope your pain is better and you get the fridge fixed (or a new one) soon!!

Carey likes this.
  20. Carey

Carey Extraordinary