• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Gorilla Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's cute Lyne. You did a good job of converting Luna to a baby gorilla. ;)

Carey

Extraordinary
The thing that always impressed me about an ape is how really black they get, so black they look blue...lol So I got out my digital water colors in poser, added some brown alt spec binn to shoot some brown into the mix. added purple by adding a layer of sub surface to everything and added a touch of pink reflective gloss...Yes I know what the book tells you, I threw the book away several years ago and now I am a total monkey, I play with all the dials....just to see what happens

Course I did a few other things too, but that is for the advanced Poser students...lol

Just kidding, truth is, I forget....lol

Off to ponder making a grape ape, no particular reason, just because...lol

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hey Carey! I thought you were going to do a purple one, not a drunk one :D (lovely render)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
just be careful, don't google purple gorilla images (some are quite scary :p)

Carey

Extraordinary
Pretty funny. WHAT, no pink elephants? :p

I did make em pink, just not obviously pink to preserve detail, I love bringing smiles to people, My frig just died, my pain level is up so why not find something to smile about...what can it hurt?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I thought they looked a little pinkish! lol

Hope your pain subsides and your fridge gets fixed or replaced SOON. No fun! HUGS

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That sucks, Carey. I do understand the pain and the fridge. I also have chronic pain and my fridge died on me last year, at the same time as my generator. What an expensive month that was! Much gnashing of teeth and wailing ensued :(

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Pretty funny. WHAT, no pink elephants? :p
Ya know, I was wondering why those elephants weren't pink, but now I see Carey mentioned it wasn't so obviously pink to preserve detail. They are cute elephants though. ;)

Carey

Extraordinary
I won my first art award for making "Cute" elephants...lol I was tempted to add poka dots but you see I didn't want to make this obvious, I wanted people to have to look at this a little bit to get what was really going on....lol Yes, I am devious at times, see I sit around thinking about all those smiles when you finally get the joke and I get this big evil grin when I think of that....lol

I am however thankful you all got it and that you enjoyed it....

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Real cute :) Hope your pain is better and you get the fridge fixed (or a new one) soon!!