• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Gorilla Renders!

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Oh my I do love this gorilla...so many wonderful renders...I have to wish list him!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I didn't even know Carrera had hair, or rather a way to apply it! Interesting and works very well!

Yes Lyne, but only the Pro version of Carrara has hair that you can create..

Thanks all for the compliments.... the big fella even made it onto the news letter :alien: wow..
a great model to use and even better that it can be used in Carrara :)

if only there was an emu model :(

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Pretty sure I have Carrero Pro… Mine is version 8.5… But I am definitely not an accomplished Carrero user… And sorry about misspelling the software I'm using dictation software and it's just not getting it but I'm sure you'll get my meaning. But being able to put hair on the guerrilla sure might get me to open up career and get him in there! :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Flinthawk, a true work of art. I remember first seeing your imagery from the beta testing you do for Ken Gilliland, and I was amazed then, and am still amazed now!

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Thank you for the nice comments! But I couldn't have done this picture without all of the great artists who created the amazing products that I used!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Our gorilla and the upcoming Tarzan releases need a jungle. I started with Stonemason's Enchanted Forest and sub-ded some of the trees and vines. Added various of Lisa's Botanicals plus a philodendron freebie, made hanging vines with Lisa's Curious Proliferation Vine, rotated upside down and shaded with one of her Autumn Excursion shaders. Also used AoA grass shader on the terrain. I am going to try to morph the hanging vine straight...do not know how much luck I will have with that.

jungle 2.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I'm doing a few promo images for these guys that Chris sculpted, but these would also look pretty kewl in the background or foreground. The Vines are from Stonemason's jungle
ruins.
jungle head670 copy.jpg

@Lorraine I have a few vines I made in curvy 3d that are somewhat straight you are welcome to the .obj files if you're interested. It's what the gorilla is holding on to.
Bad Kaa! I'm NOT dinner!!
Lord of the Jungle21.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@Lorraine I will PM you a link to my dropbox for a download, but need to get these promo images done first. I hope you don't mind waiting a little.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Absolutely do not mind! I'm going to be doing some more to my entry for Ken's comp today...I'm at that stage where you wonder why you started o_O

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Absolutely do not mind! I'm going to be doing some more to my entry for Ken's comp today...I'm at that stage where you wonder why you started o_O
@Lorraine Awe now common=) you have done some really fabulous bird images!! You can't stop now unless the muse has the :eek: dreaded art block!! At which you will go for a walk and enjoy the countryside and have her sit in the naughty corner and contemplate what she has done to be placed in the naughty corner. After that, you have her draw a picture of what she has done and what she can do to correct the problem so it doesn't happen again!

I would like to enter, but don't think I will have time.

Back to work for me! :)