Show Us Your Gorilla Renders!

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by Chris, May 3, 2016.

1. sanbie

sanbie Noteworthy Contributing Artist

Oh my I do love this gorilla...so many wonderful renders...I have to wish list him!

2. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Oh Flint! that is wonderful!

3. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

Yes Lyne, but only the Pro version of Carrara has hair that you can create..

Thanks all for the compliments.... the big fella even made it onto the news letter :alien: wow..
    a great model to use and even better that it can be used in Carrara :)

if only there was an emu model :(

Chris, Lorraine and Rae134 like this.
  4. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I'll say! Beautifully done. :)

5. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

Pretty sure I have Carrero Pro… Mine is version 8.5… But I am definitely not an accomplished Carrero user… And sorry about misspelling the software I'm using dictation software and it's just not getting it but I'm sure you'll get my meaning. But being able to put hair on the guerrilla sure might get me to open up career and get him in there! :)

6. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Flinthawk, a true work of art. I remember first seeing your imagery from the beta testing you do for Ken Gilliland, and I was amazed then, and am still amazed now!

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

7. Flint_Hawk

Flint_Hawk Noteworthy

Thank you for the nice comments! But I couldn't have done this picture without all of the great artists who created the amazing products that I used!

Szark likes this.
  8. Lorraine

Lorraine The Wicked Witch of the North CV-BEE

9. Miss B

Nice Lorraine. Love his expression. :)

10. Lorraine

Thanks Miss B :) He's the gorilla equivalent of me when a camera is around ;)

11. Miss B

12. Lorraine

Our gorilla and the upcoming Tarzan releases need a jungle. I started with Stonemason's Enchanted Forest and sub-ded some of the trees and vines. Added various of Lisa's Botanicals plus a philodendron freebie, made hanging vines with Lisa's Curious Proliferation Vine, rotated upside down and shaded with one of her Autumn Excursion shaders. Also used AoA grass shader on the terrain. I am going to try to morph the hanging vine straight...do not know how much luck I will have with that.

jungle 2.jpg

Rowan54, Carey, Chris and 4 others like this.
  13. Miss B

Nicely done ma'am. :)

Lorraine likes this.
  14. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Nicely done @Lorraine !! I really like how you used the curious proliferation vines!! That's a great idea!!

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    Lorraine likes this.
  15. NapalmArsenal

I'm doing a few promo images for these guys that Chris sculpted, but these would also look pretty kewl in the background or foreground. The Vines are from Stonemason's jungle
    ruins.
    jungle head670 copy.jpg

@Lorraine I have a few vines I made in curvy 3d that are somewhat straight you are welcome to the .obj files if you're interested. It's what the gorilla is holding on to.
    Bad Kaa! I'm NOT dinner!!
    Lord of the Jungle21.jpg

Carey, Lorraine, Chris and 2 others like this.
  16. Miss B

Wow NA, I had no idea Tarzan was related to Kong. ;)

Seriously though, those are 2 very nice renders.

NapalmArsenal, Pendraia and Rae134 like this.
  17. Lorraine

Gorgeous renders, NA! And I'd love the vine obj's @NapalmArsenal :) Vines are seriously lacking in my runtime.

18. NapalmArsenal

@Lorraine I will PM you a link to my dropbox for a download, but need to get these promo images done first. I hope you don't mind waiting a little.

19. Lorraine

Absolutely do not mind! I'm going to be doing some more to my entry for Ken's comp today...I'm at that stage where you wonder why you started o_O

20. NapalmArsenal

@Lorraine Awe now common=) you have done some really fabulous bird images!! You can't stop now unless the muse has the :eek: dreaded art block!! At which you will go for a walk and enjoy the countryside and have her sit in the naughty corner and contemplate what she has done to be placed in the naughty corner. After that, you have her draw a picture of what she has done and what she can do to correct the problem so it doesn't happen again!

I would like to enter, but don't think I will have time.

Back to work for me! :)

Gadget Girl, Lorraine and Rae134 like this.